"Ancient Monuments" Top 5 Page for this destination Stonehenge by grandmaR
Stonehenge Travel Guide: 135 reviews and 547 photos
I had been to England and Scotland once before in 1950 when I was 12, and Stonehenge was one of my "must sees" because I didn't see it the first time I was there. Bob went to England courtesy of the US Navy in 1962 when our daughter was a baby. His ship came into Southampton, and he visited London and northern Ireland. But he hadn't been to Stonehenge either.
So our daughter took us here after we visited Salisbury. When we got to Stonehenge, Bob did the audio tour, and I took a couple of pictures (trying not to get people in them). This was difficult because there were a LOT of people there.
We left here and went to Avebury which my daugher and grandson like better than Stonehenge because you can get right up into the stones. But I preferred this because it was easier for me to navigate and see, even if there were a gazillion people here getting in the way of pictures.
- Cons:People are roped off from the stones now
- In a nutshell:An important mysterious monument
In addition to the difficulty in getting a picture without a lot of people in it (see 2nd photo), there is also the... more travel advice
This was one of my goals to see when I came to England. I wished I could have brought my other grandson out to see the... more travel advice
grandmaR's Related Pages
Stonehenge Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Stones, At Last!"
- "Ancient Monuments"
- "Stonehenge, my least favorite daytrip from London"
- "STONEHENGE The Prehistoric Mystery"
- "Those stones at Stonehenge"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Stonehenge
- Hotels in Stonehenge
- Transportation in Stonehenge
- Restaurants in Stonehenge
- Shopping in Stonehenge
- Warnings and Dangers in Stonehenge
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Stonehenge
- 6 Reviews
- 30 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (187)
Have you been to Stonehenge?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Stonehenge
- Posted in Travel Isla Cozumel Forum "Re: What to do in Cozumel?"
- Commented on one of Krumlovgirl's Stonehenge travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Film pictures of Stonehenge"
- updated a Stonehenge Travelogue "Film pictures of Stonehenge"
- Wrote a Review The Danger of Bad Photography in Stonehenge Warnings and Dangers
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 166 reviews, 728 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Key West Intro, 154 reviews, 560 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 177 reviews, 401 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baltimore Intro, 75 reviews, 341 photos, 11 travelogues
- London Intro, 77 reviews, 301 photos, 6 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 59 reviews, 297 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bermuda Intro, 51 reviews, 293 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marathon Intro, 93 reviews, 240 photos, 6 travelogues
- Leonardtown Intro, 48 reviews, 264 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Miami Intro, 56 reviews, 253 photos, 7 travelogues