"1964, 1992 and 2008" Madrid by grandmaR

Madrid Travel Guide: 5,383 reviews and 10,968 photos

We didn't go to Spain on our 1950 trip to Europe. But my husband's ship was coming into Valencia, so I did come on the 1964 trip. I met my sister and my niece who was a year old, and we explored Madrid and took a train trip over to Lisbon.

In 1992, I took a trip to Spain with my mom who was then 83.

This photo was taken in 1992 near the Royal Palace and the Opera House. I couldn't identify it until Todd64 pointed me to the web site at http://www.geocities.com/rosswattie5/madrid.html That website says : "The statue was cast from a design by Velázquez and is said to be one of the finest pieces of sculpture in Madrid." It does look like the Velazquez paintings.

In 2008, my grandson and I just went through the Madrid airport, and on the way home stayed overnight. We didn't get to see anything of Madrid at all

• Last visit to Madrid: Nov 1992

Jul 2, 2006 at 12:01 AM

woohoo!! I see it!! :-))

• stevieUK's Profile Photo
    Dec 24, 2004 at 9:06 AM

Enjoyed a quick tour around the palace with the guide headphones on (Oct 2003). Quite a nice (small park to the side which we walked round - a school seemed to beolding a race around it at the same time which was a bit odd).

• aadil's Profile Photo
    Jun 24, 2004 at 1:35 PM

Great start!!! The statue looks pretty impressive!!! And thanks for the art tips!!!

grandmaR

“"..an adventure is an inconvenience rightly considered." G.K. Chesterton”

Badges & Stats in Madrid