"1964, 1992 and 2008" Madrid by grandmaR
Madrid Travel Guide: 5,411 reviews and 11,063 photos
We didn't go to Spain on our 1950 trip to Europe. But my husband's ship was coming into Valencia, so I did come on the 1964 trip. I met my sister and my niece who was a year old, and we explored Madrid and took a train trip over to Lisbon.
In 1992, I took a trip to Spain with my mom who was then 83.
This photo was taken in 1992 near the Royal Palace and the Opera House. I couldn't identify it until Todd64 pointed me to the web site at http://www.geocities.com/rosswattie5/madrid.html That website says : "The statue was cast from a design by Velázquez and is said to be one of the finest pieces of sculpture in Madrid." It does look like the Velazquez paintings.
In 2008, my grandson and I just went through the Madrid airport, and on the way home stayed overnight. We didn't get to see anything of Madrid at all
Madrid’s two main railway stations are Camartin in northern Madrid and Atocha in the south of the city. So if you are... more travel advice
grandmaR's Related Pages
Madrid Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "¡Bienvenido a Madrid!/Welcome to Madrid!"
- "Madrid is where I live"
- "Madrid: My home for 3 fantastic weeks!"
- "Home is where you're always from"
- "WONDERFUL MADRID"
- "As we say in Andalucia, Madri"
- "Hablemos de Madrid (Let's talk about Madrid)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Madrid
- Hotels in Madrid
- Transportation in Madrid
- Nightlife in Madrid
- Restaurants in Madrid
- Shopping in Madrid
- Warnings and Dangers in Madrid
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Madrid
- 15 Reviews
- 92 Photos
- 16 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (513)
Have you been to Madrid?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Madrid
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "Re: Hotel changed name"
- updated a Madrid Travelogue "Spanish Holidays"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Attempting the trip to Valencia"
- Wrote a Review The Old Atocha Station in 1964 about Atocha Railway Station in Madrid Transportation
- Commented on one of o00o's Madrid travel pages
Photos in MadridSee All Photos (92)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 166 reviews, 728 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Key West Intro, 174 reviews, 647 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 177 reviews, 401 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baltimore Intro, 77 reviews, 367 photos, 13 travelogues
- London Intro, 78 reviews, 305 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bermuda Intro, 56 reviews, 306 photos, 9 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 59 reviews, 297 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marathon Intro, 93 reviews, 240 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Miami Intro, 57 reviews, 258 photos, 7 travelogues
- Leonardtown Intro, 48 reviews, 264 photos, 8 travelogues