Copenhagen Transportation Tips by grandmaR
Copenhagen Transportation: 317 reviews and 405 photos
Rental bikes in courtyard
Our hotel (the Saga) had rental bikes, and biking is a good way to get around Copenhagen. I don't know how much the ones at the hotel cost, but there is a place near the RR station and their prices are
Add one day
Add one day
Lights, basket or helmet per day
Also there are bike tours of the city which can be arranged at the telephone number below which is the number for Biking Copenhagen
Phone: +45 30 11 30 86
From the Mermaid tour
I bought a two day ticket on this bus. Adult internet rate $20.95 each. We had a part of a tour on the 10th, and on the 11th we managed to do the Red and Green lines. The Mermaid (Red) Tour takes 1 hour
Mermaid Tour Stops:
* Town Hall Square
* Gustav Kirken
* Tourist Information
* The Little Mermaid
* Gefion Fountain
* Nyhavn/Kongens Nytorv
* Hojbro Plads/Stroget
The Green Christiania Tour overlaps the mermaid tour and additional stops include:
* Main Station/Grand Hotel
* DGI Sports Centre (originally I had planned to stop here and use
* Hotel Marriott
* Hojbro Plads/Stroget
* Our Saviors Church
* Casino Copenhagen
By now it had started raining so we didn't try the Yellow Line which includes the Zoo, and Carlsberg and just went back to the hotel.
Because of the cold rainy weather the bus had a canvas cover.
Dock with boats
It was recommended to me that I take this boat tour rather than the bus tour of Copenhagen. And I would really have liked to do so. But our plane got in late, we were jet lagged and I didn't get out to start touring until after the last boat left. Plus the whole time we were in Copenhagen it was really cold and rainy.
Like the Hop on Hop off bus, there are three routes all without a guide
The Green tour boat sails from the centre of Copenhagen (Nyhavn) via the Opera and Battery Sixtus. Then there is the Little Mermaid, Langelinie/the cruise ship harbour, The Trekroner Fortress, Halvandet/Copenhagen´s beach club and then Amaliehaven/The Royal residence on the way back to Nyhavn
The Orange line leaves from Nyhavn, and the route includes Homen, the North Atlantic Cultural House, Christianshavns Torv, The Black Diamant, Gammel Strand/the old fishermen´s village.
The Blue Route includes Islands Brygge/outdoor swimming facility, the Hotel Marriott, and Fisketorvet
There are three possibile payment rates for boat trips
Adult DKK 60,-
Waterbus hop-on hop-off without a guide - One day ticket, (All waterbusses) Adult DKK 60,-
2 Days ticket, Freedom ticket, (all waterbusses, guided tours and Open Top Busses)
Adult DKK 220,-
Phone: +45 32 96 30 00 (office hours)
Railroad Station Clock
We didn't actually ride on the train in Copenhagen, but we did walk through the station on our way to Tivoli. I had been recommended to take note of the architecture particularly, but I don't have any good pictures of it.
More Reviews (37)
- See All Just Off the Airport
- See All Joined to the Airport
- See All Modern Buildings
- See All Lights at Twilight
- See All The Original Copenhagen Harbor
grandmaR's Related Pages
Copenhagen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Copenhagen, a "suburb" to Valby..."
- "Windy-ful Copenhagen"
- "COPENHAGEN ON THE CHEAP"
- "Operas and cycling in Copenhagen"
- "THE ROYAL CITY OF COPENHAGEN"
- "Highly Hygge!"
- "Copenhagen city of Absalon"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Copenhagen
- Hotels in Copenhagen
- Transportation in Copenhagen
- Nightlife in Copenhagen
- Restaurants in Copenhagen
- Shopping in Copenhagen
- Warnings and Dangers in Copenhagen
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Copenhagen
- 41 Reviews
- 247 Photos
- 19 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (181)
Have you been to Copenhagen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Copenhagen
Photos in CopenhagenSee All Photos (247)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 166 reviews, 728 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Key West Intro, 154 reviews, 560 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 177 reviews, 401 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baltimore Intro, 75 reviews, 341 photos, 11 travelogues
- London Intro, 77 reviews, 301 photos, 6 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 59 reviews, 297 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bermuda Intro, 51 reviews, 293 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marathon Intro, 93 reviews, 240 photos, 6 travelogues
- Leonardtown Intro, 48 reviews, 264 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Miami Intro, 56 reviews, 253 photos, 7 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (53)
- Tivoli- 134 Reviews, 248 Photos
- Christiania- 47 Reviews, 89 Photos
- Nyhavn- 101 Reviews, 177 Photos
- Little Mermaid- 97 Reviews, 155 Photos
- Canal & Harbour Tours- 47 Reviews, 91 Photos
- Rådhuspladsen - Town hall square- 80 Reviews, 169 Photos
- Amalienborg Palace- 71 Reviews, 139 Photos
- Rosenborg Palace & Kongens Have- 62 Reviews, 130 Photos
- Strøget- 46 Reviews, 70 Photos
- Carlsberg Brewery- 34 Reviews, 68 Photos
See All Copenhagen Things to Do