"Cruise Ship Port" Santa Bárbara de Samaná by grandmaR
Santa Bárbara de Samaná Travel Guide: 22 reviews and 66 photos
When the cruise ship itinerary says "Samana", they mean this place. This is a port in a very poor country (near to an even poorer country - Haiti). From a cruise ship you must take a tender (small boat) in to the port. Once there, you will find new shows and a casino built for the cruise ship passengers. But if you go out in town a little bit you will see evidence of the basic old-time Caribbean town that they have put a little lipstick and make-up on to entice the cruise ship passengers.
On our second trip to Samana, we were there at a time of year for whale watching. Our tour was arranged by the ship ... more travel advice
Our ship came in to this port, but had to anchor out and tender in to the village. Although docking facilities were... more travel advice
grandmaR's Related Pages
Santa Bárbara de Samaná Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Come to Samaná, to enjoy this beautiful place!"
- "Cruise Ship Port"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Santa Bárbara de Samaná
- Hotels in Santa Bárbara de Samaná
- Transportation in Santa Bárbara de Samaná
- Restaurants in Santa Bárbara de Samaná
- Warnings and Dangers in Santa Bárbara de Samaná
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Santa Bárbara de Samaná
- 5 Reviews
- 32 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (184)
Have you been to Santa Bárbara de Samaná?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Santa Bárbara de Samaná
Photos in Santa Bárbara de SamanáSee All Photos (32)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 166 reviews, 724 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Key West Intro, 154 reviews, 560 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 177 reviews, 401 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baltimore Intro, 75 reviews, 329 photos, 10 travelogues
- London Intro, 77 reviews, 301 photos, 6 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 59 reviews, 297 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bermuda Intro, 51 reviews, 293 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marathon Intro, 93 reviews, 240 photos, 6 travelogues
- Leonardtown Intro, 48 reviews, 264 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Miami Intro, 56 reviews, 253 photos, 7 travelogues