"Closer than Isla del Coco" Isla del Caño by grandmaR
Isla del Caño Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 23 photos
One day's excursion by boat took us out to Canos Island. We saw some dolphins on the way to the island.
When we were eating lunch, an immature hawk flew down and grabbed a sandwich out of one of the lady's hand. She was scratched a little, and the hawk's wing hit Bob on the head.
In the afternoon I went snorkeling. I had not done much snorkeling before, so I had a good time. There were rocks and fish, but not much coral.
The really excellent diving is at an island with a similar name which is a good bit farther out. Most of the time diving at Isla del Coco is done from a live-aboard dive boat. The attraction there is the big marine animals like hammerhead sharks.
- Pros:Blue Waters
- Cons:Not a White Sandy Beach
- In a nutshell:Marine biological reserve
While we waited for the others to come back from the hike we waited on the beach. The hotel and sent mats for us to lie... more travel advice
The Drake's Bay Wilderness Camp where we were staying sent a packed lunch with us to eat - there were no facilities on... more travel advice
grandmaR's Related Pages
Isla del Caño Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Isla del Caño
- Transportation in Isla del Caño
- Restaurants in Isla del Caño
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Isla del Caño
- 5 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (522)
Have you been to Isla del Caño?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Isla del Caño
Photos in Isla del CañoSee All Photos (23)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 166 reviews, 732 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Key West Intro, 174 reviews, 659 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 177 reviews, 401 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baltimore Intro, 77 reviews, 379 photos, 13 travelogues
- London Intro, 78 reviews, 305 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bermuda Intro, 56 reviews, 306 photos, 9 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 59 reviews, 297 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marathon Intro, 93 reviews, 252 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Miami Intro, 57 reviews, 258 photos, 7 travelogues
- Leonardtown Intro, 48 reviews, 264 photos, 8 travelogues