"Costa Rican craft center" Sarchí by grandmaR
Sarchí Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 27 photos
After we picked up our car, we drove to Sarchi. Sarchi is one of the main centers for local crafts. Even the bridges are decorated. We parked in a guarded lot, and I went in and bought birthday presents and anniversary presents for everyone.
We bought hand carved wood creches, a folding wooden rocker with a leather back and seat (with a horse burned into the leather), an oxcart (cocktail size), one of those wooden puzzle boxes in the shape of a horse head, and coffee.
I refused to buy from anyone that wouldn't ship, as I had no room for anything extra in my luggage (I had 2 carryon bags). They didn't do the shipping well, but I mostly got wooden things which could easily be repaired. The two ceramic items that I got arrived completely smashed. I replaced them from a mail order catalog.
After we shopped, we ate lunch and then continued on our way toward Arenal.
- In a nutshell:Local Traditional Handicraft Center
grandmaR's Related Pages
Sarchí Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Arts and Crafts"
- "Costa Rican craft center"
- "Colorful Sarchi"
- "Souvenir VIllage"
- "Sarchí - Where to go for shopping"
- "Extraordinary Craftsmanship"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Sarchí
- 1 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (184)
Have you been to Sarchí?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sarchí
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 166 reviews, 724 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Key West Intro, 154 reviews, 560 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 177 reviews, 401 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baltimore Intro, 75 reviews, 329 photos, 10 travelogues
- London Intro, 77 reviews, 301 photos, 6 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 59 reviews, 297 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bermuda Intro, 51 reviews, 293 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marathon Intro, 93 reviews, 240 photos, 6 travelogues
- Leonardtown Intro, 48 reviews, 264 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Miami Intro, 56 reviews, 253 photos, 7 travelogues