"Laid Back" Caye Caulker by grandmaR

Caye Caulker Travel Guide: 480 reviews and 947 photos

The cabins where we stayed which look very picturesque.

All the pictures from this trip were taken with point and shoot film cameras because I didn't have a digital camera at the time.

We bought our trip through a California travel agent that had been recommended to us by the guy that we used for the Virgin Islands charter trips. I emailed them and talked to the guy on the phone and arranged a VERY low cost trip of two weeks. My notes say 'to Belize Transfer Services $750.00'

I got a booklet of vouchers, but just before we left, the main person that I had been dealing with apparently got sick, and the person that took over for him didn't complete all the notifications. So not all the people that we had vouchers with knew that we had paid. Caye Caulker was one of those places. But it was the first place we went, so I didn't know until later how much trouble I would have.

I wrote a trip diary in a book that my mom gave me called "The Compleat Traveller's Journal and Record Book" Then when I joined VT in 2002, and was putting photos of past trips up onto the website, I couldn't find this journal. I've finally found it and have started posting it at the travelogue called Caye Caulker Visit

This picture is the rest room sign on cistern at The Other Side of the Moon bar. Coffee pot (self serve) is on the right.

• Pros:Relaxing place
  • Cons:Little outside amusement
  • In a nutshell:Sand streets
  • Last visit to Caye Caulker: Feb 1998
  • Intro Updated Dec 6, 2005

• windsorgirl's Profile Photo
    Dec 18, 2004 at 3:19 PM

I couldn't agree with you more, I love to snorkel! Thanks for the great tips.

• Maria_75's Profile Photo
    Nov 11, 2004 at 11:31 AM

Caye Caulker is true paradise!!! And the snorkelling there was amazing. Oh, how I would love to go back! :)

• JetlagCity's Profile Photo
    Nov 1, 2004 at 4:00 PM

I can hardly wait to see this caye for myself in February! I was on Ambergris Caye nine years ago, but never made it to Caulker.

• cachaseiro's Profile Photo
    Jun 13, 2003 at 6:52 PM

caye caulker is a funny place. especially all the signs they like to put up everywhere.

• epicult's Profile Photo
    May 21, 2003 at 6:50 PM

Great page! I so need to go back for a refresher. Loved all the photos of memories I failed to capture. Cool stuff!

• Geisha_Girl's Profile Photo
    Mar 16, 2003 at 7:41 PM

I am so glad I found this page! Wonderful shots of the sealife and great info on the Diving areas! Thanks!

• ymike2000's Profile Photo
    Mar 14, 2003 at 10:36 AM

I saw those cabins in January '03, maybe they have a new name. Great page, I want to go back!

• pollon's Profile Photo
    Feb 6, 2003 at 11:14 AM

I was there 4 years after you and you have reminded me of this relaxing, lovely place :-)))))) and what pics of your diving adventure!!!

• Imbi's Profile Photo
    Jan 11, 2003 at 8:34 PM

ice page. thanks for sharing with us your unforgetable memories.

• call_me_rhia's Profile Photo
    Jan 10, 2003 at 1:58 AM

those bungalows look nice.. in spite of everything... and th price is ok. i might go for them

grandmaR

“"..an adventure is an inconvenience rightly considered." G.K. Chesterton”

Badges & Stats in Caye Caulker

Have you been to Caye Caulker?

Latest Activity in Caye Caulker