"Laid Back" Caye Caulker by grandmaR
Caye Caulker Travel Guide: 482 reviews and 952 photos
The cabins where we stayed which look very picturesque.
All the pictures from this trip were taken with point and shoot film cameras because I didn't have a digital camera at the time.
We bought our trip through a California travel agent that had been recommended to us by the guy that we used for the Virgin Islands charter trips. I emailed them and talked to the guy on the phone and arranged a VERY low cost trip of two weeks. My notes say 'to Belize Transfer Services $750.00'
I got a booklet of vouchers, but just before we left, the main person that I had been dealing with apparently got sick, and the person that took over for him didn't complete all the notifications. So not all the people that we had vouchers with knew that we had paid. Caye Caulker was one of those places. But it was the first place we went, so I didn't know until later how much trouble I would have.
I wrote a trip diary in a book that my mom gave me called "The Compleat Traveller's Journal and Record Book" Then when I joined VT in 2002, and was putting photos of past trips up onto the website, I couldn't find this journal. I've finally found it and have started posting it at the travelogue called Caye Caulker Visit
This picture is the rest room sign on cistern at The Other Side of the Moon bar. Coffee pot (self serve) is on the right.
- Pros:Relaxing place
- Cons:Little outside amusement
- In a nutshell:Sand streets
Bob's life goals were to visit Bermuda on his own sailboat and then sail down to the Virgin Islands. When I taught... more travel advice
Caye Caulker including the north mangrove end on the other side of the Split is only about 5 miles long. There are three... more travel advice
- See All On a Desert Island
- See All Reef Life Slide Show
- See All Toughen Your Feet If You Want to Go...
- Shoes are important
grandmaR's Related Pages
Caye Caulker Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Something different under the sun!"
- "Caye Caulker - Ya Betta Belize It!"
- "I Miss Caye Caulker Already"
- "RELAXING IN PARADISE"
- "Caye Caulker"
- "Laid Back"
- "Laid back and life-changing: Caye Caulker"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Caye Caulker
- Hotels in Caye Caulker
- Transportation in Caye Caulker
- Nightlife in Caye Caulker
- Restaurants in Caye Caulker
- Shopping in Caye Caulker
- Warnings and Dangers in Caye Caulker
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Caye Caulker
- 21 Reviews
- 104 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 12 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (192)
Have you been to Caye Caulker?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Caye Caulker
- Posted in Travel Florida Forum "Re: Henderson or Grayton State Park"
- Wrote a Review Dive Dive Dive about Scuba in Caye Caulker Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Dive Dive Dive"
- updated a Caye Caulker Travelogue "First Dive Trip in Belize - Under Construction"
- Commented on one of Maria_75's Caye Caulker travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 166 reviews, 728 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Key West Intro, 174 reviews, 647 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 177 reviews, 401 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baltimore Intro, 77 reviews, 359 photos, 12 travelogues
- London Intro, 77 reviews, 301 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bermuda Intro, 56 reviews, 306 photos, 9 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 59 reviews, 297 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marathon Intro, 93 reviews, 240 photos, 6 travelogues
- Leonardtown Intro, 48 reviews, 264 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Miami Intro, 56 reviews, 253 photos, 7 travelogues