"San Ignacio - a one stoplight town" Top 5 Page for this destination San Ignacio by grandmaR

San Ignacio Travel Guide: 173 reviews and 419 photos

From Placencia, we drove to San Ignacio a little town in the Cayo District which had the distinction of having the only suspension bridge and two of the five stoplights in Belize. On the way there, we visited the Blue Hole State Park and St. Herman's Cave.

We spent a relaxing time here visiting Cahal Peche and Tropical Wings (butterflies) one one day, and going up to Mountain Pine Ridge to see Thousand Foot Falls on the second day. I took pictures of the bridge and stoplights, and then later, I took a tubing trip down the river from Clarissa Falls.

On the third morning, we got up early and left for a two night visit to the National Park at Tikal.

• Last visit to San Ignacio: Mar 1998
  • Intro Updated Nov 15, 2005

• LauraWest's Profile Photo
    Feb 12, 2006 at 5:50 PM

Amish in Belize? How interesting. Someday I hope to have a great Belize adventure! Thanks for your tips.

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Dec 7, 2005 at 3:04 PM

Rosalie, excellent information here on your experiences while in San Ignacio!! My wife and I are hoping for a Feb. visit and would like to try for Tikan too. Your 'Nightlife' sounds similar to ours!!

• windsorgirl's Profile Photo
    Feb 12, 2005 at 10:47 AM

Thanks for the tips, I'll be in SI myself in 2 weeks!

• ymike2000's Profile Photo
    Sep 26, 2003 at 1:03 PM

We stopped at Clarissa Falls for a drink on the way back from Xunantunich. Seemed like a nice place. Looks like their website is down or changed, btw.

• grandmaR's Profile Photo
    May 21, 2003 at 8:40 PM

The pricing info is from their current web page, so if the web page is current, the pricing info is current.

• epicult's Profile Photo
    May 21, 2003 at 6:53 PM

Although I've been to Clarissa Falls, I've not seen the cabins. They look great. Do you have recent pricing info?

grandmaR

“"..an adventure is an inconvenience rightly considered." G.K. Chesterton”

Badges & Stats in San Ignacio

Have you been to San Ignacio?

Latest Activity in San Ignacio