"Chattel Houses" Holetown by grandmaR
Holetown Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 21 photos
The first settlement in Barbadoson this site was originally named Jamestown, after King James I of England. The Holetown Monument commemorates the first English landing in Barbados in 1625.
It acquired the name "Holetown" because of the very small channel or 'hole' next to the town where ships were unloaded. Holetown is the site of the annual Holetown Festival.
I took this picture of chattel houses when we were on our way to the Super Center in Holetown to try to get Bob some sunglasses.
grandmaR's Related Pages
Holetown Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Chattel Houses"
- "Where History And Nature Mix"
- "Discovery Bay Hotel, Holetown"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Holetown
- Transportation in Holetown
- Shopping in Holetown
- Warnings and Dangers in Holetown
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Holetown
- 1 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (542)
Have you been to Holetown?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Holetown
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 166 reviews, 733 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Key West Intro, 174 reviews, 663 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 177 reviews, 401 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baltimore Intro, 77 reviews, 379 photos, 13 travelogues
- London Intro, 78 reviews, 305 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bermuda Intro, 56 reviews, 306 photos, 9 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 59 reviews, 298 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marathon Intro, 93 reviews, 252 photos, 6 travelogues
- Leonardtown Intro, 49 reviews, 269 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Miami Intro, 57 reviews, 258 photos, 7 travelogues