"Grocery Stores and Fast Food" Top 5 Page for this destination Freeport City by grandmaR

Freeport City Travel Guide: 61 reviews and 102 photos

Freeport City is not a tourist destination. The harbor is for big tankers and transport ships - not for pleasure boats.

Most tourists go to Lucaya. Lucaya is a different destination on Grand Bahama than Freeport.

On our first visit, Bob decided to go into town (from Lucaya) -he wanted to see if he could get an offset screw driver, some little ignition wrenches (to repair the Johnson outboard) that he hadn't been able to get in Bimini, and some R12. He also wanted to go to the supermarket. I thought Friday would be better than Sat, and definitely better than Sunday when things are closed.

Bob was getting ready to leave, and asked me if I was coming. I asked him if he needed me to navigate, as I wasn't really interested in shopping. He said it would be nice to have me along. I assumed he was going to rent a car and would want me to read the map, so I said OK. But he was taking the bus, and I suspected that a lot of walking would be involved and I should leave him to his own shopping devices. I was right.

• Pros:The best place to buy non-souvenier type items.
  • Cons:Industrial
  • In a nutshell:NOT A TOURIST DESTINATION
  • Last visit to Freeport City: Mar 2002
  • Intro Updated May 28, 2008

grandmaR

“"..an adventure is an inconvenience rightly considered." G.K. Chesterton”

Badges & Stats in Freeport City

Have you been to Freeport City?

Latest Activity in Freeport City