"Island with no Overflights" Top 5 Page for this destination Isla de San Andrés by grandmaR
Isla de San Andrés Travel Guide: 79 reviews and 295 photos
The archipelago of San Andrés, Providencia y Santa Catalina, identified by UNESCO as a World Biosphere Reserve, is located 480 miles (720 km) northwest from the Colombian Caribbean Coast. It is made up of the islands of San Andres, Providence and St. Catherine, Bolivar and Albuqueque islets, Cotton, Haynes, Johnny, Serrana, Serranilla, Quitasueno, Rocky, and Crab cays and Alicia and Bajo Nuevo sand banks.
San Andrés, at the southern end of the archipelago, is the largest island at 13 km long and 3 km wide. It is mostly flat, with the highest point being El Cliff overlooking El Centro, the local name for the town of San Andrés at the northern end of the island.
This was a tender port and we tendered in to a small village that was about eight miles away from the main population center. Most of the tourism and commercial business are in this center.
Although people are warned against taking local buses on the mainland, it seems to be OK to do so on San Andreas.... more travel advice
One of the things we were supposed to visit was Morgan's Cave. In common with other Caribbean islands, these islands... more travel advice
grandmaR's Related Pages
Isla de San Andrés Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Isla de San Andrés"
- "THE SEVEN COLOURS OF THE SEA"
- "What Happens in San Andres, Stays in San Andres!!"
- "Island with no Overflights"
- "Isla de San Andres, Caribbean Colombia"
- "Take me back to San Andres"
- "San Andres"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Isla de San Andrés
- Hotels in Isla de San Andrés
- Transportation in Isla de San Andrés
- Nightlife in Isla de San Andrés
- Restaurants in Isla de San Andrés
- Shopping in Isla de San Andrés
- Warnings and Dangers in Isla de San Andrés
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Isla de San Andrés
- 10 Reviews
- 74 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (522)
Have you been to Isla de San Andrés?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Isla de San Andrés
Photos in Isla de San AndrésSee All Photos (74)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 166 reviews, 733 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Key West Intro, 174 reviews, 659 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 177 reviews, 401 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baltimore Intro, 77 reviews, 379 photos, 13 travelogues
- London Intro, 78 reviews, 305 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bermuda Intro, 56 reviews, 306 photos, 9 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 59 reviews, 298 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marathon Intro, 93 reviews, 252 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Miami Intro, 57 reviews, 258 photos, 7 travelogues
- Leonardtown Intro, 48 reviews, 264 photos, 8 travelogues