"The oldest town in Luxembourg" Echternach by Bigjones
Echternach Travel Guide: 119 reviews and 208 photos
Echternach is a lovely little town situated at about 30 km from Luxembourg-city on the banks of the Sure River in the heart of the so-called "little Switzerland" region.
There's not much to see in town except a few nice houses and an old Benedictine Abbey founded in 698. But it's very pleasant to walk through its nice narrow cobbled streets. Moreover you'll find a lot of footpaths in the surrounding nature. Echternach is ideal to spend a calm and relaxing week-end in a beautiful landscape. And it's also great for shopping since shops are open on Sundays ;-)
- In a nutshell:Lovely !
Excentric little shop where you can find a lot of crazy and colourful stuffs. If you like unique clothes and... more travel advice
Bigjones' Related Pages
Echternach Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Heart of "Luxemburg's little Switzerland""
- "Closed on Tuesdays"
- "About Luxembourgs city's"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Echternach
- Hotels in Echternach
- Transportation in Echternach
- Restaurants in Echternach
- Shopping in Echternach
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Echternach
- 2 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Echternach?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Echternach
Top 10 Pages
- Brussels Intro, 56 reviews, 55 photos, 1 travelogue
- Etosha National Park Intro, 30 reviews, 50 photos, 3 travelogues
- Marrakesh Intro, 31 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 19 reviews, 34 photos, 5 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 24 reviews, 26 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 23 reviews, 24 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zagora Intro, 19 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Windhoek Intro, 16 reviews, 21 photos
- The Hague Intro, 11 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Río San Juan Intro, 5 reviews, 26 photos, 3 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (41)
Latest Echternach hotel reviews
- Hotel Au Vieux Moulin
- 5 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 12, 2013