"On the road to Table Mountain" Waterberg Platopark by Bigjones
Waterberg Platopark Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 26 photos
After a quick stop at the woodcarving market in the small town of Okahandja to buy some food and souvenirs, we went further north to the "Table Mountain" of Namibia, the Waterberg plateau where we went for a hike on top and rest (with the ground squirrels) at the camping at the foot of the colourful mountain.
Waterberg Plateau Park was proclaimed as a game reserve in 1972 to serve as a sanctuary for rare and threatened animals such as the tsessebe, the black and white rhino and the roan and sable antelope. But other animals can also be seen, including giraffes, kudus, gemsboks, warthogs, impalas, baboons, leopards, rock dassies, mangooses, brown hyenas, cheetas, over 200 bird species and of course different snake species.
The aim of this natural reserve is to preserve the diversity of the flora and maintain a wilderness area free of any human interference.
Nice red dragonfly found next to Otjikoto Lake. more travel advice
I never saw such comfortable campgrounds before going to Namibia : clean ablution blocks, restaurant, shop,... more travel advice
Bigjones' Related Pages
Waterberg Platopark Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "On the road to Table Mountain"
- "A Hiking Adventure"
- "A wonderful spot often overlooked by tourists"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Waterberg Platopark
- 7 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Waterberg Platopark?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Waterberg Platopark
Top 10 Pages
- Brussels Intro, 56 reviews, 55 photos, 1 travelogue
- Etosha National Park Intro, 30 reviews, 50 photos, 3 travelogues
- Marrakesh Intro, 31 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 19 reviews, 34 photos, 5 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 24 reviews, 26 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 23 reviews, 24 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zagora Intro, 19 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Windhoek Intro, 16 reviews, 21 photos
- The Hague Intro, 11 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Río San Juan Intro, 5 reviews, 26 photos, 3 travelogues