"The door to the Sahara" Guelmim by Bigjones
Guelmim Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 36 photos
The second stop of our trip was in Guelmin (or Goulimine) where we were invited to spend a few days by our friend K. who lives there. Guelmin was once an important caravan town.
There's not much to see there but it was interesting for us because there were no tourists and we could share the everyday life of the locals. At first, we were a bit shy. We didn't dare to go out too much without our protective friend K. But then, we noticed that the people were very nice, they waved their hands to say hello or some even wanted to shake our hands. They were looking at us but it was more because they were curious to see three European girls alone in Guelmin. Kids were lovely too. Always smiling and saying hello. For a first approach of the country, it was very nice and typical, especially when you live with a Moroccan during Ramadan ;-)
Many bus companies can bring you to Marrakesh but the most reliable ones are CTM and Supratours. We also tried SATAS but... more travel advice
At laaaast !!! Four hours later, our tajine is finally ready. It was midnight. Sarah woke up (she was having a little... more travel advice
Bigjones' Related Pages
Guelmim Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The door to the Sahara"
- "In the middle of nowhere"
- "Going south - Tighmart oasis"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Guelmim
- Hotels in Guelmim
- Transportation in Guelmim
- Restaurants in Guelmim
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Guelmim
- 6 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Guelmim?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Guelmim
Photos in GuelmimSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Brussels Intro, 56 reviews, 55 photos, 1 travelogue
- Etosha National Park Intro, 30 reviews, 50 photos, 3 travelogues
- Marrakesh Intro, 31 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 19 reviews, 34 photos, 5 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 24 reviews, 26 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 23 reviews, 24 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zagora Intro, 19 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Windhoek Intro, 16 reviews, 21 photos
- The Hague Intro, 11 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Río San Juan Intro, 5 reviews, 26 photos, 3 travelogues