"Les folies berberes" Top 5 Page for this destination Zagora by Bigjones

Zagora Travel Guide: 114 reviews and 304 photos

Zagora’s desert was for me the most exciting part of our trip in Morocco. My travelpages contain some of my best memories in that country. I don’t know why the desert had such a magical effect on me, may be because it was the first time. I was a bit afraid at first but soon, I felt very comfortable there (except on the dromedary’s back ay ay ay ;-) and I just wish to live that experience again but longer and further then. But I am sure this wouldn’t have been that nice and interesting if we hadn’t met such friendly Berbers. They were great and we spent a fantastic time alltogether talking about our different lives and customs, singing and playing music, telling stories and charads, laughing, drinking tea, lying down in the dunes, watching the starlit sky … Simply magic !

Desert Rose by Sting & Cheb Mami

I dream of rain
I dream of gardens in the desert sand
I wake in vain
I dream of love as time runs through my hand

I dream of fire
Those dreams that tie two hearts that will never die
And near the flames
The shadows play in the shape of the man's desire

This desert rose
Whose shadow bears the secret promise
No sweet perfume that would torture you more than this

And now she turns
This way she moves in the logic of all my dreams
This fire burns
I realize that nothing's as it seems

I dream of rain
I lift my gaze to empty skies above
I close my eyes
The rare perfume is the sweet intoxication of love

Sweet desert rose
Whose shadow bears the secret promise
No sweet perfume that would torture you more than this

Sweet desert rose
This memory of hidden hearts and souls
This desert flower
This rare perfurme is the sweet intoxication of love

• Last visit to Zagora: Nov 2003
  • Intro Updated Jan 4, 2004

• barryg23's Profile Photo
    Jan 26, 2007 at 12:15 PM

I like your Berber Television description. We're trying to decide between Merzouga and here for a desert trip, maybe we should do both!

• diageva's Profile Photo
    Nov 30, 2004 at 4:51 AM

I have gone to Morroco, and I am going again ... but ... I what I want is to make the kind of travel you did ... sleeping under the Morroco sky .... beautiful page

• deeper_blue's Profile Photo
    Nov 29, 2004 at 1:57 PM

Looks like you really enjoyed yourself out there, berber television thats a new one! Did you manage to stay on the camel the full distance, it made me sore.

• dr.firas's Profile Photo
    May 13, 2004 at 4:37 AM

you seems to have great times in Morroco, I'm going there in 2 weeks from today, thanks for the great page and advices, well done ;-)

• freya_heaven's Profile Photo
    May 2, 2004 at 12:20 AM

Wonderful Page, You have done one of my Dream Trips. Sleeping under shooting stars & desert sun rises. I hope your dreams come true. Happy Travels (~_~)

• Goldenboy's Profile Photo
    Feb 24, 2004 at 9:17 AM

Oooohh OOohhhh, soooo cool!!! Interesting pics Bigjones!!! Dramatic!

• Sharrie's Profile Photo
    Feb 24, 2004 at 2:20 AM

This is cool! So very cool!!!!!!!! Must be a very fun, interesting & memorable experience! Wish I could be there soon!

• chicabonita's Profile Photo
    Jan 29, 2004 at 10:24 AM

Hello beautiful desert flower! Hope some of your wishes will come true soon!

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Jan 4, 2004 at 3:07 AM

Beautiful page and a lot of fan you had there, I see. Haha, my old camel was a little bit angry there and I almost caught sea disease. Night, stars, sunsets and silence at the desert is always great experience!

• sachara's Profile Photo
    Dec 15, 2003 at 3:28 PM

Bridget, I can imagine you had a great time in the desert near Zagora.

Bigjones