"Lille, European Culture Capital for 2004" Lille by Bigjones
Lille Travel Guide: 388 reviews and 940 photos
Lille deserved its title of European culture capital in 2004. A lot of festivals and exhibitions were organised and many forms of art found their place on the street. It was a nice way for us to discover the city.
When we were there, a circus festival took place. We found that by a mere chance and decided to go. I hadn't seen a circus for many years but I still watched it with my child's eyes and heart. It was so great !! The performers were excellent. The festival invited some of the best acrobats and clowns of the present time to give a breathtaking show we'll remember for a long time.
My best memory of Lille in 2004 : the circus festival with some of the best performers of their time. more travel advice
Lille is THE place to go shopping. There are many pedestrian streets where you can find anything possible. Stop only... more travel advice
Bigjones' Related Pages
Lille Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Weekend in Lille"
- "Lucia in Lille"
- "Lille, Capital of French Flandres"
- "European City of Culture 2004"
- "Lille, city of Flanders !"
- "Summer in Lille"
- "A cultural bath in Lille-UNDER CONSTRUCTION-"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lille
- Hotels in Lille
- Transportation in Lille
- Nightlife in Lille
- Restaurants in Lille
- Shopping in Lille
- Warnings and Dangers in Lille
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lille
- 10 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Lille?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lille
Top 10 Pages
- Brussels Intro, 56 reviews, 55 photos, 1 travelogue
- Etosha National Park Intro, 30 reviews, 50 photos, 3 travelogues
- Marrakesh Intro, 31 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 19 reviews, 34 photos, 5 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 24 reviews, 26 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 23 reviews, 24 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zagora Intro, 19 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Windhoek Intro, 16 reviews, 21 photos
- The Hague Intro, 11 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Río San Juan Intro, 5 reviews, 26 photos, 3 travelogues