"No, not the Falkland Islands..." Falkland by Canadian_girl
Falkland Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 26 photos
...Although they were apparently named after the fellow who 'discovered' them: the local Lord (or whatever. I'm bad with titles).
This place is just gorgeous. I can see why Princess Diana's mother has her vacation home on the outskirts of town. It's lovely and peaceful and picturesque, and has a very impressive palace where Mary, Queen of Scots once lived. Actually, from what I can tell, she lived just about everywhere in this country -- at least according to the tourist literature. ;-) Also home to Britain's oldest Royal Tennis court (which seems to me like kind of a cross between tennis and squash).
- Pros:Lovely countryside and a palace. What more could you ask?
- Cons:It's quiet. Almost TOO quiet.... ;-)
- In a nutshell:Rural Scotland at its best.
Canadian_girl's Related Pages
Falkland Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Royal Burgh of Falkland"
- "Local colour"
- "Falkland Palace"
- "No, not the Falkland Islands..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Falkland
- Hotels in Falkland
- Restaurants in Falkland
- Shopping in Falkland
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Falkland
- 1 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Falkland?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Falkland
Top 10 Pages
- Ottawa Intro, 25 reviews, 4 photos
- Vilnius Intro, 17 reviews, 5 photos, 5 travelogues
- Dominican Republic Intro, 6 reviews, 2 photos
- Paris Intro, 5 reviews, 2 photos
- Chatham Intro, 7 reviews
- Manitoulin Island Intro, 6 reviews
- Rondeau Provincial Park Intro, 5 reviews
- Stockholm Intro, 3 reviews
- Edinburgh Intro, 2 reviews, 1 photo
- Strasbourg Intro, 1 review, 2 photos