"Wanderings and randomness" Canadian_girl's Profile
So I'm currently struggling to learn Thai and appreciate help and sympathy from all quarters... I'll be moving to Bangkok sometime around August this summer. Stocking up on lightweight clothing and sunscreen to protect my pitifully pasty white skin.
With apologies, be warned that I am an extremely sporadic poster due to lack of time and excess of laziness. Also, brain completely fried due to 6 hours a day of Thai lessons for the past four months. Convenient excuse for, well, just about everything.
I do like talking to new people and will be pleased to exchange e-mails about valid, travel experience-related subjects. Before you click "Send", though, please consider your intentions. You should know that: No, my parents will not trade me for 3 goats and a very nice camel; I am a terrible housekeeper; and I have absolutely no interest in CyberSex, nor in meeting you in person for the real thing. In fact, you shouldn't be fooled by the beguiling blonde pre-schooler photo. I am really a wrinkly 92-year old man from Guam with poorly fitting dentures, persistent garlic breath, and an annoying tendency to shout "PLATYPUS!" at inopportune times. If none of these factors diminshes your desire for good, clean conversation, then go ahead and drop me a line.
Oh, and in case you're wondering, I didn't tamper with the above picture at all, I swear! The film wasn't advancing properly in my camera and the beach scene was superimposed with an image taken in the final minutes of theOlympic gold medal hockey game. Yay Canada!
Clearly, standing on top of really big hills (see evidence photo #1).
http://www.sfgate.com/columnists/morford/a/ . Mark Morford is a frickin' genius. I hereby offer him honourary and totally spurious Canadian citizenship.
http://www.liberal.ca/blogs_e.aspx . Regardless of your politics in our current and immensely irritating federal election, this is a very fun read.
http://www.mcsweeneys.net . Totally random, often nonsensical, and deeply entertaining musings by a variety of contributors.
http://gofugyourself.typepad.com . My guilty, shallow pleasure. Am not a celebrity follower but very much enjoy the cattiness directed at silly stars who should know better than to go out in public dressed like fools. I pity da fool! (sorry, was that out loud?)
PLEASE take the time to visit the following sites:
http://www.thehungersite.com/ (and its sister sites, linked from that page)
All you have to do is click on the buttons they provide in order to make a real contribution in fighting world hunger, preserving the rainforest and endangered species. It only takes a couple of minutes every day, it doesn't cost you a penny, and you get to feel all self-righteous afterwards. What have you got to lose? Tell your friends!!!
Stuff that I'm proud of on this page:
-my Vilnius travelogues. Very personal, a little wacky, and (I hope) an entertaining read.
-my pages on lesser-known Ontario destinations like Chatham, Rondeau Park, and Manitoulin Island.
-my Ottawa page. It's still under construction, but has tips on more out-of-the-way places to visit (and eat / drink, of course!).
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 88 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 7 Countries
- 17 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
- Canadian_girl and MikhailSator are now friends.
- Posted in Travel Bhutan Forum "Jachung Travel?"
updated their Profile Page "Wanderings and randomness"
- updated a New York City Travel Page "The Muppets Take Manhattan.."
- Wrote a Review Mmmm sushi in New York City Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "Vilnius"
- Commented on mrdarius's profile page
PhotosSee All Photos (22)
Top 10 Pages
- Ottawa Intro, 25 reviews, 4 photos
- Vilnius Intro, 17 reviews, 5 photos, 5 travelogues
- Dominican Republic Intro, 6 reviews, 2 photos
- Paris Intro, 5 reviews, 2 photos
- Chatham Intro, 7 reviews
- Manitoulin Island Intro, 6 reviews
- Rondeau Provincial Park Intro, 5 reviews
- Stockholm Intro, 3 reviews
- Edinburgh Intro, 2 reviews, 1 photo
- Strasbourg Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22200 Reviews - 54008 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15557 Reviews - 30993 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3082 Reviews - 5778 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23039 Reviews - 47275 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11942 Reviews - 26476 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1912 Reviews - 4527 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1930 Reviews - 3719 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8369 Reviews - 17097 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4277 Reviews - 8800 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7699 Reviews - 19779 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3342 Reviews - 7500 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2421 Reviews - 6530 Photos