"Wanderings and randomness" Canadian_girl's Profile
So I'm currently struggling to learn Thai and appreciate help and sympathy from all quarters... I'll be moving to Bangkok sometime around August this summer. Stocking up on lightweight clothing and sunscreen to protect my pitifully pasty white skin.
With apologies, be warned that I am an extremely sporadic poster due to lack of time and excess of laziness. Also, brain completely fried due to 6 hours a day of Thai lessons for the past four months. Convenient excuse for, well, just about everything.
I do like talking to new people and will be pleased to exchange e-mails about valid, travel experience-related subjects. Before you click "Send", though, please consider your intentions. You should know that: No, my parents will not trade me for 3 goats and a very nice camel; I am a terrible housekeeper; and I have absolutely no interest in CyberSex, nor in meeting you in person for the real thing. In fact, you shouldn't be fooled by the beguiling blonde pre-schooler photo. I am really a wrinkly 92-year old man from Guam with poorly fitting dentures, persistent garlic breath, and an annoying tendency to shout "PLATYPUS!" at inopportune times. If none of these factors diminshes your desire for good, clean conversation, then go ahead and drop me a line.
Oh, and in case you're wondering, I didn't tamper with the above picture at all, I swear! The film wasn't advancing properly in my camera and the beach scene was superimposed with an image taken in the final minutes of theOlympic gold medal hockey game. Yay Canada!
Clearly, standing on top of really big hills (see evidence photo #1).
http://www.sfgate.com/columnists/morford/a/ . Mark Morford is a frickin' genius. I hereby offer him honourary and totally spurious Canadian citizenship.
http://www.liberal.ca/blogs_e.aspx . Regardless of your politics in our current and immensely irritating federal election, this is a very fun read.
http://www.mcsweeneys.net . Totally random, often nonsensical, and deeply entertaining musings by a variety of contributors.
http://gofugyourself.typepad.com . My guilty, shallow pleasure. Am not a celebrity follower but very much enjoy the cattiness directed at silly stars who should know better than to go out in public dressed like fools. I pity da fool! (sorry, was that out loud?)
PLEASE take the time to visit the following sites:
http://www.thehungersite.com/ (and its sister sites, linked from that page)
All you have to do is click on the buttons they provide in order to make a real contribution in fighting world hunger, preserving the rainforest and endangered species. It only takes a couple of minutes every day, it doesn't cost you a penny, and you get to feel all self-righteous afterwards. What have you got to lose? Tell your friends!!!
Stuff that I'm proud of on this page:
-my Vilnius travelogues. Very personal, a little wacky, and (I hope) an entertaining read.
-my pages on lesser-known Ontario destinations like Chatham, Rondeau Park, and Manitoulin Island.
-my Ottawa page. It's still under construction, but has tips on more out-of-the-way places to visit (and eat / drink, of course!).
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 88 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 7 Countries
- 17 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
- Canadian_girl and MikhailSator are now friends.
- Posted in Travel Bhutan Forum "Jachung Travel?"
updated their Profile Page "Wanderings and randomness"
- updated a New York City Travel Page "The Muppets Take Manhattan.."
- Wrote a Review Mmmm sushi in New York City Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "Vilnius"
- Commented on mrdarius's profile page
PhotosSee All Photos (22)
Top 10 Pages
- Ottawa Intro, 25 reviews, 4 photos
- Vilnius Intro, 17 reviews, 5 photos, 5 travelogues
- Dominican Republic Intro, 6 reviews, 2 photos
- Paris Intro, 5 reviews, 2 photos
- Chatham Intro, 7 reviews
- Manitoulin Island Intro, 6 reviews
- Rondeau Provincial Park Intro, 5 reviews
- Stockholm Intro, 3 reviews
- Edinburgh Intro, 2 reviews, 1 photo
- Strasbourg Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22465 Reviews - 54992 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2702 Reviews - 7926 Photos
- Subic Hotels
- 246 Reviews - 861 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23318 Reviews - 48909 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15643 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2025 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3092 Reviews - 5855 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3874 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12023 Reviews - 26760 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7829 Reviews - 20234 Photos