"Wanderings and randomness" Canadian_girl's Profile

Sawatdee ka!

So I'm currently struggling to learn Thai and appreciate help and sympathy from all quarters... I'll be moving to Bangkok sometime around August this summer. Stocking up on lightweight clothing and sunscreen to protect my pitifully pasty white skin.

With apologies, be warned that I am an extremely sporadic poster due to lack of time and excess of laziness. Also, brain completely fried due to 6 hours a day of Thai lessons for the past four months. Convenient excuse for, well, just about everything.

I do like talking to new people and will be pleased to exchange e-mails about valid, travel experience-related subjects. Before you click "Send", though, please consider your intentions. You should know that: No, my parents will not trade me for 3 goats and a very nice camel; I am a terrible housekeeper; and I have absolutely no interest in CyberSex, nor in meeting you in person for the real thing. In fact, you shouldn't be fooled by the beguiling blonde pre-schooler photo. I am really a wrinkly 92-year old man from Guam with poorly fitting dentures, persistent garlic breath, and an annoying tendency to shout "PLATYPUS!" at inopportune times. If none of these factors diminshes your desire for good, clean conversation, then go ahead and drop me a line.

Oh, and in case you're wondering, I didn't tamper with the above picture at all, I swear! The film wasn't advancing properly in my camera and the beach scene was superimposed with an image taken in the final minutes of theOlympic gold medal hockey game. Yay Canada!

These are a few of my favourite things

Clearly, standing on top of really big hills (see evidence photo #1).

Also:

http://www.sfgate.com/columnists/morford/a/ . Mark Morford is a frickin' genius. I hereby offer him honourary and totally spurious Canadian citizenship.

http://www.liberal.ca/blogs_e.aspx . Regardless of your politics in our current and immensely irritating federal election, this is a very fun read.

http://www.mcsweeneys.net . Totally random, often nonsensical, and deeply entertaining musings by a variety of contributors.

http://gofugyourself.typepad.com . My guilty, shallow pleasure. Am not a celebrity follower but very much enjoy the cattiness directed at silly stars who should know better than to go out in public dressed like fools. I pity da fool! (sorry, was that out loud?)

Good Karma

PLEASE take the time to visit the following sites:
http://www.thehungersite.com/ (and its sister sites, linked from that page)

All you have to do is click on the buttons they provide in order to make a real contribution in fighting world hunger, preserving the rainforest and endangered species. It only takes a couple of minutes every day, it doesn't cost you a penny, and you get to feel all self-righteous afterwards. What have you got to lose? Tell your friends!!!

Things to See

Stuff that I'm proud of on this page:

-my Vilnius travelogues. Very personal, a little wacky, and (I hope) an entertaining read.
-my pages on lesser-known Ontario destinations like Chatham, Rondeau Park, and Manitoulin Island.
-my Ottawa page. It's still under construction, but has tips on more out-of-the-way places to visit (and eat / drink, of course!).

Happy exploring!

• Intro Updated Jan 7, 2006

• terribleterry's Profile Photo
    Oct 15, 2008 at 4:45 PM

Queen of the castle looks young also. I was in Bangkok, 1969-70. Serving in the US Air Force. I worked as a air traffic controller in Bangkok International Airport (Don Muang) Terry from Wabash Indiana

• Mikebond's Profile Photo
    Oct 23, 2007 at 6:38 AM

Hi Patricia! I love your homepage, you have a very nice style, especially in your warning "Before you click send, please consider your intentions"! Greetings from Italy, Michele

• mim95's Profile Photo
    Apr 7, 2007 at 12:44 PM

Interesting page. So are you still in Thailand now?

• Lady_Mystique's Profile Photo
    Oct 27, 2004 at 8:29 PM

Wonderful page!!! Belated Happy Birthday...same day as my son!!! (not same year ...but heck, you must have something that makes you "twins"??... such as both having degrees in PS & enjoy BS-ing!!! What R the odds of that??)

• YVRDave's Profile Photo
    Oct 15, 2004 at 4:34 PM

Happy Birthday, go out and practice fact #3 tonight with fact #9

• Oct 15, 2004 at 1:29 AM

Many many happy returns of the day. Wishing you a happy birthday, happy furture travels and great time. Greetings from India.

• akkipaa's Profile Photo
    Oct 14, 2004 at 11:29 PM

Happy Birthday, Patricia! Wish you luck in your all travels. Nice homepage! Greetings from Finland.

• Anchovy56's Profile Photo
    Mar 29, 2004 at 8:32 AM

I thought you had left VT! My bad...BTW Cary sends his love...At least thats what Elvis told me last night...

• Cabana_Boy's Profile Photo
    Dec 5, 2003 at 4:21 PM

What’s that penguin doing there on the mantle…”PLATYPUS”…hahaha, anyway love your homepage, but if god were from the Great White North, I think he would’ve made Moosehead instead of wine…btw, thanks for the compliment on my homepage, cheers, cb…

• kenmerk's Profile Photo
    Oct 14, 2003 at 8:04 PM

Happy Birthday, Patricia....

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
Canadian_girl's Profile Photo

Canadian_girl

“So much of the world left to explore, so little time and money...”

Real Name