"A quick stop in Sofia..." Sofia by Flamegirl
Sofia Travel Guide: 1,549 reviews and 3,856 photos
I spent a week in Sofia, most of it spent indoors doing a course (see www.insightseminars-bg.org) where I was able to meet and make friends with quite a few Bulgarians. They even let me stay with them for free, which means I got an interesting view of Sofia from the eyes of its inhabitants (which I always prefer when travelling).
Unfortunately the weather wasn't great whilst I was here, so the city looks less impressive (as does anywhere) against a grey sky.
However, here is the famous Nevsky cathedral (they're in the process of regilding the some of the domes). It was very intricately decorated inside but, of course, we're not allowed to take pictures...
This strange structure is a wooden sculpture built a couple of decades ago. Work was still in progress when the sculptor... more travel advice
Sofia is blessed with a natural hot water supply. The first thermal baths were built by the Romans (the current building... more travel advice
Flamegirl's Related Pages
Sofia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sofia Guide - One of the Oldest Cities in Europe"
- "My home town"
- "First Steps to Explaning Bulgarian Spirit"
- "Sofia - Capital at the foot of Mount Vitosha"
- "capital of Bulgaria"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sofia
- Hotels in Sofia
- Transportation in Sofia
- Nightlife in Sofia
- Restaurants in Sofia
- Shopping in Sofia
- Warnings and Dangers in Sofia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sofia
- 8 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Sofia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sofia
- updated a Sofia Travel Page "A quick stop in Sofia..."
- Posted in Travel Nord-Pas-de-Calais Forum "How to get from the Eurostar..."
- Commented on one of Scarlie's Sofia travel pages
- Wrote a Review a wooden wonder about parks in Sofia Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "National Museum of History"
Top 10 Pages
- Milan Intro, 26 reviews, 37 photos, 3 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 18 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Como Intro, 15 reviews, 26 photos, 2 travelogues
- Croydon Intro, 9 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Mazarrón Intro, 2 reviews, 18 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sofia Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bourgogne Intro, 5 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Glasgow Intro, 7 reviews, 6 photos
- Salento Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Florence Intro, 3 reviews, 5 photos