"Mantova" Mantova by Flamegirl
Mantova Travel Guide: 109 reviews and 316 photos
Mantova is a pleasant little city surrounded by lakes, although in the summer it can get sweltering hot and plagued by mosquitoes. The old city can be seen in a day, but it's worth taking longer if you want to do justice to the museums.
This photo is of an old church, the 11th century Rotonda di S.Lorenzo, and clocktower of the Palazzo della Ragione.
For a site (in italian!) with lots of photos of Mantova, see www.bananiele.it/lombardia/lomb140.htm
The cathedral is a bizarre mix of styles which you can't see so clearly from this angle - but go round the side!
The Palazzo Ducale is interesting and worth visiting if you like paintings... there's even a charming rooftop garden.
Flamegirl's Related Pages
Mantova Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "City Full Of Art, Churches, Palazzos, and Lakes"
- "Mantova: a little lost paradise"
- "Surrounded with three lakes"
- "Mantova and Mantegna"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mantova
- Hotels in Mantova
- Transportation in Mantova
- Nightlife in Mantova
- Restaurants in Mantova
- Shopping in Mantova
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mantova
- 1 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Mantova?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mantova
Top 10 Pages
- Milan Intro, 26 reviews, 37 photos, 3 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 18 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Como Intro, 15 reviews, 26 photos, 2 travelogues
- Croydon Intro, 9 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Mazarrón Intro, 2 reviews, 18 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sofia Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bourgogne Intro, 5 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Glasgow Intro, 7 reviews, 6 photos
- Salento Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Florence Intro, 3 reviews, 5 photos