"ice bowl" Novosibirsk by tmyroniak
Novosibirsk Travel Guide: 198 reviews and 405 photos
I've heard for years that people were "sent" to Siberia, but no one ever just goes there. My curiosity got the best of me, so I had to take a side trip from Moscow to see what it was like. After a few short days there, I decided to go back when it was colder, so I returned to Novosibirsk, the Western Capitol of Siberia, for New Years. And yes, it was cold.
- Pros:Value for US dollar, beautiful women, great vodka, wonderful theater for opera and ballet
- Cons:A bit chilly, VERY icy, people hard to befriend, crime
- In a nutshell:A complicated but beautiful city in summer, ice hell in winter
Various shops for electronics, clothing, food, etc. at this shopping center. Also has an ATM (called Bankomat or... more travel advice
it was amazing to see how many young russians go to the ballet on saturday night when americans would be going to see a... more travel advice
tmyroniak's Related Pages
Novosibirsk Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "La capitale de la Sibérie"
- "Novosibirsk - a Soviet style giant"
- "Welcome to my Novosibirsk"
- "the capital of Siberia"
- "The real Russia"
- "ice bowl"
- "Visiting on October 2005"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Novosibirsk
- Hotels in Novosibirsk
- Transportation in Novosibirsk
- Nightlife in Novosibirsk
- Restaurants in Novosibirsk
- Shopping in Novosibirsk
- Warnings and Dangers in Novosibirsk
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Novosibirsk
- 4 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Novosibirsk?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Novosibirsk
Photos in NovosibirskSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Luhansk Intro, 12 reviews, 7 photos
- Oostende Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Novosibirsk Intro, 4 reviews, 4 photos
- Naha Intro, 5 reviews, 3 photos
- Moscow Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 4 reviews
- São Paulo Intro, 2 reviews, 2 photos
- Beijing Intro, 3 photos
- Lafayette Intro, 2 reviews, 1 photo
- Mexico City 1 review