"Escape to Newport" Top 5 Page for this destination Newport Beach by soulanjuli
Newport Beach Travel Guide: 80 reviews and 218 photos
Right smack in the middle of final exams, end of the semester research projects, and the chaos of moving out of the dorms, came my much needed break from mundane reality---sorority formal. This year the lovely event took place aboard a gorgeous yacht. We set sail at sunset and toured the beautiful Newport Beach Marina. The view offered a pink, blue and orange sunset, homes that ranged from tiny cottages to enormous waterfront mansions, and the tall, distinctive office buildings of the nearby city. Restaurants along the marina included Joe's Crab Shack, Remy Bar, and a few others. Because of its location, which is close to major cities like Irvine and L.A., Newport Beach makes a quick, relaxing, easy weekend getaway.
- Pros:Close to major freeways
Dinner cruises can become something of a mini-vacation if the mood is right, food is good, and if you are in good... more travel advice
soulanjuli's Related Pages
Newport Beach Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Riches of Newport ... and Corona Del Mar"
- "Escape to Newport"
- "Welcome to the Sunshine State"
- "City of My Youth"
- "LizC's new Newport Beach Page"
- "Newport Beach - my Backyard"
- "The Right Side of the Tracks"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Newport Beach
- Hotels in Newport Beach
- Transportation in Newport Beach
- Nightlife in Newport Beach
- Restaurants in Newport Beach
- Shopping in Newport Beach
- Warnings and Dangers in Newport Beach
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Newport Beach
- 2 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Newport Beach?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Newport Beach
Photos in Newport BeachSee All Photos (4)
Top 5 Pages
- Maui Intro, 9 reviews, 10 photos
- Lassen Volcanic National Park Intro, 2 reviews, 7 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newport Beach Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos
- Sacramento Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Zion National Park Intro, 1 review, 4 photos