"A Journey Without Ends" Fondest_Memories's Profile

A bird's eye view

September 8, 2012 ::: If 2010 was a wonderful year for my travels, 2011 was just as wonderful! I actually moved up to Washington state in late 2011 and that really opened the door to Pacific Northwest (PNW). Besides, visiting Tahoe and Vegas again in 2011 I was also able to hit San Francisco, Portland and Seattle in a wonderful week long roadtrip. Didn't quite make it to Europe but I did make it to Vancouver, Canada in 2012. I was also able to visit Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Jamaica, Cayman Island, Chicago, and Louisville, Kentucky! I have to say that life has been good.

June 23, 2010c* ::: I've finally visit New York and Washington D.C. last week and it was an absolutely fabulous trip. I also visited Nassau/Paradise Island in the Bahamas in February and the Grand Canyon in April. What a wonderful year it has been for my travels. Some pictures of New York is already up and I hope to update on the others very soon as well. Next destination? Hopefully, Europe and Canada.

March 17, 2008 ::: I've just returned from a 3 weeks trip to Vietnam. I was visiting Ho Chi Minh City and Nha Trang. This trip turned out great because it included a VT meeting in Ho Chi Minh City. I'm already looking forward to the next visit.

June 10, 2007:::I have just recent return from a week long business trip to Phoenix, Arizona. I am just glad to be back at home again, back in the lovely weather of Southern California. I was down in San Diego a few weeks ago also for work, but that was a lot more fun than the trip to Phoenix. I will definitely have something up in for both destination in the near future.

October 16, 2006 ::: Just came back from Mexico two hours ago. This trip was awesome! I got to see Puerto Nuevo, Esenada and Rosorito all in one trip. Pictures and updates will certainly be coming although it may take awhile because of my busy schedule.

April 3, 2006 ::: Just came back from a trip to San Francisco for Spring Break. The trip was AWESOME! Pictures and other goodies are slowly but surely coming! I am also heading to El Paso, TX next week. So I will have even more stuff to add to my travel pages! I just can't wait, I haven't been putting anything on VT for too long

August 29, 2005 ::: I pray for the victims of Hurricane Katrina. May God bless them all.

December 14, 2004 ::: Well, I have just returned from my trip to Ho Chi Minh City, it's still Saigon to me and everyone else. Updates will slowly but surely make its way to my Ho Chi Minh City page.

Personal Writing...

Darkness....

Lurking in the darkness
Something deep inside of me
Sometime I wish to forget my past
That it wasn’t a part of me

A deep scar within my soul
A scar that never healed
Remaining in the darkness
The darkness that seems unreal

Mistakes I desperately hide
Constant guilt that consumes my thoughts
Consumes my days and nights
A lifetime of sanctuary I sought.

I want to stand up and soak in the light
Hoping to find something to fill this void
The darkness continue to haunt me
In darkness I continue my paranoid.

-Ken Chung 5/15/03

A whole world to explore,
A world to learn.
A fact that can't be ignore.
A desire within that continue burn.

I need to break away,
I need to break from my tradition.
I need to break away today,
I need to make this my mission.

Will I ever know?
Willing to learn I will.
Will I ever grow?
Willing to live free and not stay still.

A destination somewhere,
A place where I belong .
A whole world we all share,
A place where we all belong.

-Ken Chung 4/29/03

Desires to reach for,
dreams that can't be ignore.
A whole world to explore,
when there's a will there's a door.

-Ken Chung 1/09/03

Now it's another day
One step away
It's another goodbye to say
One step away
Here's another tear to hold away
Wish that I can stay
Another Step away
Hoping to see you again I pray.

-Ken Chung 8/13/02

"Dreams are beams of joy and streams of hope..."

-Ken Chung 5/23/98

Feelings and Thoughts

Time has really flown by. Can't really believe that I have been part of this community for 8 years! In those 8 years, many many chages has been made to VT and many people have came and go. I still think that VT is great and what a concept it is! Travellers sharing their experience with other travellers. In essence, that's what a lot of travellers do, mingling with travellers all across the globe is an intricate part of travelling itself. For me, life can be summed up in two functions: Experience and to be part of an experience. Everday, we experience things around us; and of course, simutaneously, we are part of someone else's experience. The experience of travelling really enhance our experience in life and gives us the ability to help inspire others in enhancing their own experience by way of sharing and showing. To me, that's what VT is all about. So I hope to be able to experience more and more each day by mean of travelling and be a great part of someone else's experience as well. It kinda saddens me to look through my "friends" list and see that a lof to member has not logged on for 2, 3 and even 5 years...Although, new faces still appears everyday on VT.

Life at home....

Life at home is always wonderful, can't really complain when you have the best weather in the United States (most of the time at least). I love California for all that it is. After visiting New York, California feels like such a tranquil place to live. Although, I do love New York City very much, because it's just so full of life. But hey, "life is what you make of it," so make the best out of what you've got, it all comes down to attitude. The funny thing is, I never felt like I didn't belong when I was in New York, even though everything was new to me over there. Returning to California, the feeling was very similar to my return from Vietnam. The city just seem to be exceptionally quiet. I know, it's a funny thing to say about LA but it's true, the city seem to mild mannered after returning from a city like New York.

"Numb" -Linkin Park

i'm tired of being what you want me to be
feeling so faithless
lost under the surface
i don't know what you're expecting of me
put under the pressure
of walking in your shoes
every step that i take is another mistake to you

i'm becoming this
all i want to do
is be more like me
and be less like you

can't you see that you're smothering me
holding too tightly
afraid to lose control
cause everything that you thought i would be
has fallen apart right in front of you

every step that i take is another mistake to you
[caught in the undertow / just caught in the undertow]
and every second i waste is more than i can take

but i know
i may end up failing too
but i know
you were just like me
with someone disappointed in you

I think I can fly...

My other half

• Intro Updated Sep 8, 2012

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
Fondest_Memories's Profile Photo

Fondest_Memories

“"The Journey is more important than the end." -Linkin Park”

Real Name