"The Gambia" Top 5 Page for this destination Banjul by Weny
Banjul Travel Guide: 24 reviews and 87 photos
The place where Alex Haley came to research Roots. It is abundant in natural beauty and west african culture. Laid back and historical best describes the Gambia.
We walked around the outskirts of the Gambia for a little while and came across some kids playing soccer in their village. We saw this HUGE boabab tree in the middle of the square and someone told me it was 500 years old. Unbelievable!
- Pros:Fun and interesting
- Cons:slow pace and not much infastructure
- In a nutshell:A real slice of west African village life.
The Sunwing is an all inclusive swedish run resort on a nice long strand of beach on the coast. We picked this resort... more travel advice
A nice idea is to go for a walk in the small but interesting botanical gardens. There are many different types of plants... more travel advice
Weny's Related Pages
Banjul Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Gambia"
- "BANJUL !"
- "The Gambia Rules"
- "Banjul "Capital of The Gambia""
- "will update soon"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Banjul
- Hotels in Banjul
- Transportation in Banjul
- Nightlife in Banjul
- Shopping in Banjul
- Warnings and Dangers in Banjul
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Banjul
- 4 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Banjul?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Banjul
Top 10 Pages
- Yogyakarta Intro, 3 reviews, 13 photos, 2 travelogues
- Papeete Intro, 3 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ubud Intro, 3 reviews, 11 photos, 3 travelogues
- Iquitos Intro, 5 reviews, 9 photos, 2 travelogues
- Medan Intro, 13 photos, 2 travelogues
- Banjarmasin Intro, 13 photos, 2 travelogues
- Galápagos Islands Intro, 1 review, 10 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cruz Bay Intro, 1 review, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tokyo Intro, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Jakarta Intro, 1 review, 7 photos, 2 travelogues
No friends yet.