"Manu Ecological Zone" Manù by Weny
Manù Travel Guide: 33 reviews and 129 photos
Manu is one of the most wonderful parks in the world. It's special history makes it a very unique place. It has protected status and has had so for many, many years and because of this it's very pristine. It has at least three distinct habitats, alpine, cloud forest and riparian/ rainforest.
The cloud forest is a very rich environment, especially when it comes to birdlife. And Butterflies! We saw lacewings and a large assortment of colorful moths and butterflies. Some of the birds we saw were the Blue Mot Mot, tropicbirds, Turrin (sp.?) ducks, Cock of the Rock and hummingbirds galore!!!
- Pros:Very unique, you can see Jaguars, giant otters, Trumpet birds and more!!!
- Cons:Not the easiest place to get to, winding Andean roads and lots of time spent on the river!!!!
- In a nutshell:Considered one of the best parks in the Amazon river basin.
Weny's Related Pages
Manù Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Manù
- Hotels in Manù
- Transportation in Manù
- Restaurants in Manù
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Manù
- 0 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Manù?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Manù
Top 10 Pages
- Yogyakarta Intro, 3 reviews, 13 photos, 2 travelogues
- Papeete Intro, 3 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ubud Intro, 3 reviews, 11 photos, 3 travelogues
- Iquitos Intro, 5 reviews, 9 photos, 2 travelogues
- Medan Intro, 13 photos, 2 travelogues
- Banjarmasin Intro, 13 photos, 2 travelogues
- Galápagos Islands Intro, 1 review, 10 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cruz Bay Intro, 1 review, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tokyo Intro, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Jakarta Intro, 1 review, 7 photos, 2 travelogues
No friends yet.