"WELCOME TO MONACO" Monaco by MartinaH
Monaco Travel Guide: 245 reviews and 797 photos
Some general infos about Monaco
Monaco is located on the Mediterranean Sea, tucked into the Maritimes Alps, near toNice International Airport and the French and Italian Rivieras.
It has a population of about 32,000 people.
The Government is a constitutional monarchy led by H.S.H. Prince Rainier III
The official language is French, but English and Italian are widely spoken.
Some history of Monaco:
Prince Rainier III ascended to the throne in 1949 and later caught the world's attention with his marriage to Grace Kelly. Today, Monaco still stands as a proud monarchy with H.S.H. Rainier III as its head of state. In 1997, the Grimaldi family celebrated the 700th anniversary of its reign in Monaco.
Monaco-Ville on the Rock, the old fortified town, with the Prince's Palace, the Cathedral and the Oceanographic Museum.
The Condamine is the second oldest area in Monaco. The name comes from the Middle Ages and means the cultivable land at the foot of a village or castle.
Monte-Carlo, created in 1866, named in honor of Prince Charles III, hosts an internationally famous Casino, luxury hotels and leisure facilities.
Fontvieille is the newest area of the Principality of Monaco and was created from land reclaimed from the sea. This man-made waterfront area features a harbor, stadium and sports complex, heliport, and a pollution-free industrial zone, as well as some shopping areas and the new Columbus Monaco hotel.
When in Monaco, a must is visiting the Palace of the Grimaldi family. Prince Rainier III became famous when he married... more travel advice
The Zoo was opened in 1954 by Prince Rainier III and built on the south face of the Rock of Monaco overlooking the Port... more travel advice
MartinaH's Related Pages
Monaco Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Monaco: a sunny place for shady people"
- "Weekend in Monaco"
- "A Grimaldi stronghold since the 13th century.."
- "Welcome to Monaco"
- "An exclusive part of Europe, only 2 sqkm"
- "The Monopoly of Monaco"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Monaco
- Hotels in Monaco
- Transportation in Monaco
- Nightlife in Monaco
- Restaurants in Monaco
- Shopping in Monaco
- Warnings and Dangers in Monaco
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Monaco
- 5 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Monaco?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Monaco
Top 10 Pages
- Dubai Intro, 13 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 15 reviews, 17 photos
- Helsinki Intro, 11 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rouen Intro, 13 reviews, 13 photos
- Brussels Intro, 15 reviews, 9 photos
- Monaco Intro, 5 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Blankenberge Intro, 2 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Palamós Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- Athens Intro, 2 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lucerne Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
Latest Monaco hotel reviews
- Columbus Hotel Monaco
- 325 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 30, 2013