"Welcome to my EUPEN page" Eupen by MartinaH
Eupen Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 12 photos
Eupen is the capital of the Eastern Cantons, the German speaking area in the east of Belgium.
Yep, besides French and Dutch, there's a third national language in Belgium: German.
It's spoken in the Eastern Cantons by about 70.000 people. The district of Eupen (& Malmedy) had been temporarily annexed twice by Germany (1815 and 1940-44). That's the reason why some people in Belgium speaks German. But that's not known by many people....
But back to the city of Eupen:
Eupen has a population of about 17.000 people and lies in the Vesdre River Valley, near the German and Dutch border.
Eupen is a center for the manufacture of soap, cables, chocolate and of course beer !!!
The look of the city is defined by numerous houses (of rich cloth traders) built in the 17th and 18th century.
The main church (Saint Nicholas church) built 1721 is in Baroque style.
I hope you'll enjoy my Eupen page. Soon I'll put some photos here.
I'm always happy for any comment or tip !!
- Pros:A city without frontiers ! Holland, Germany, France and Luxmebourg are all close-by !
MartinaH's Related Pages
Eupen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome to my EUPEN page"
- "Eupen, German by birth, Belgian by choice."
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Eupen
- 1 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Eupen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Eupen
Top 10 Pages
- Dubai Intro, 13 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 15 reviews, 17 photos
- Helsinki Intro, 11 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rouen Intro, 13 reviews, 13 photos
- Brussels Intro, 15 reviews, 9 photos
- Monaco Intro, 5 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Blankenberge Intro, 2 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Palamós Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- Athens Intro, 2 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lucerne Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos