Plymouth Shopping Tips by Maeniel
Plymouth Shopping: 16 reviews and 18 photos
This is the only internet cafe in Plymouth, and everybody wants to read e-mails or contact home at some point, so I thought it was worth a mention.
What to pay: £1 for ten minutes.
£4 for one hour.
Address: Frankfort Gate Opposite Toys 'r' us
Directions: Walk west from the Pannier Market down a pedestrianised are and it is at the end.
Phone: 01752 221777
Theme: Computers and Electronics
Shopping in the Market
This covered market has a little bit of everything, litterally! If you want cd's, books, flowers, bolts of cloth, gifts, clothing, food or anything, it is all under the one roof and at some of the best prices you will find!
What to buy: In this particular place, I would recommend you look out for the picture shop, the photography stall, the numerous books and cd's on offer, and if you are looking to buy gifts for people at home, this is the place to do it.
What to pay: Depends on what you want, but if it is expensive here, then it is extortionate everywhere else.
Address: Plymouth City Centre, opposite Frankfurt Gate
This shop sells Glass ornaments, tools and everything else you would care to mention. The good thing about this place is that it is possible to walk into the workshopand watch them at work, making what is on offer. There is also a great deal of information on the art of glassblowing available. This place is not so much a business as it is a cultural workshop because I asked them for some repairs on a glass item and they did not charge anything, just glad to help. This is the best way to describe the feel of this shop.
What to buy: Great for presents or a little reminder of your journey down to Plymouth. The only problem is that getting Glass anywhere without breaking is very difficult.
What to pay: Still not too expensive, I would consider it an expensive shop in the Plymouth area.
Address: Barbican, on the Waterfront.
Directions: You cannot miss this one. It is a big building made entirely of Glass.
Theme: Local Craft
More Reviews (19)
- See All The National Marine Aquarium
- See All A Chance to Dress Up
- See All An Old Faithful
- Royal Parade
Maeniel's Related Pages
Plymouth Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Devon's Proletarian City"
- "Historical Plymouth"
- "A Unique Maritime City!"
- "Naval Plymouth"
- "A Seafaring City"
- "Pierre_Rouss's new Cornwall Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Plymouth
- Hotels in Plymouth
- Transportation in Plymouth
- Nightlife in Plymouth
- Restaurants in Plymouth
- Shopping in Plymouth
- Warnings and Dangers in Plymouth
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Plymouth
- 22 Reviews
- 29 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Plymouth?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Plymouth
Photos in PlymouthSee All Photos (29)
Top 10 Pages
- Plymouth Intro, 22 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 11 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cyprus Intro, 11 reviews, 5 photos
- New York City Intro, 9 reviews, 3 photos
- Niagara Falls Intro, 6 reviews, 5 photos
- Ivybridge Intro, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Washington D.C. Intro, 3 reviews, 2 photos
- Troodos Intro, 3 reviews, 2 photos
- Ayia Napa Intro, 3 reviews, 1 photo
- Stirling Intro, 2 reviews, 1 photo
No friends yet.
- The Hoe- 13 Reviews, 41 Photos
- Smeaton's Tower- 6 Reviews, 17 Photos
- Barbican- 9 Reviews, 24 Photos
- National Marine Aquarium- 8 Reviews, 8 Photos
- Royal Citadel- 7 Reviews, 15 Photos
- Days Out- 14 Reviews, 12 Photos
- HM Naval Base- 6 Reviews, 16 Photos
- Elizabethan House and Gardens- 4 Reviews, 8 Photos
- Mayflower Steps- 4 Reviews, 9 Photos
- Walking- 3 Reviews, 7 Photos
See All Plymouth Things to Do