"Plymouth" Plymouth by Maeniel
Plymouth Travel Guide: 316 reviews and 688 photos
Old Plymouth, Olde Englande.
Can tell you a lot about this place. Spent my entire 'whelping-time' here. This is my nearest home city
Can tell you the best things to do in one day, one week or an entire month, if you so find yourself trapped. At first glimpse, you would think nothing of this city, but be prepared to get away from the city centre to appreciate this place. Do not come down here and expect any fabulous towers, just a lot of history and the great culture. Want more info, I can definitely give it to you. Send me a message. I'll help with any itineries, questions or problems.
A Major Port, this city has a proud and extensive naval history. Everywhere you go, you will find it. As it happens, you cannot miss it. Most, if not all, of the publics houses around here have a nautical theme in some way, as do a great deal of local traditions and customs. Do not come here and not visit the sea-front sections of the city. Just head down to the Barbican and Hoe areas, overlooking the sea and just walk around, get lost, and see some great sights!
For a guided tour of the Barbican & Hoe areas, check out the travelogue.
Upon first arrival, Plymouth will strike you as a commercial city, after all, the entire city centre is pedestrianised. However, with the exception of Truro, this is the most South West of all of Englands cities and is nestled right in the middle of every environment you could possibly want. Use Plymouth as a base from which to launch excursions to the nearby coutryside. It has everything for everybody - Beaches, Historical Houses, Woodlands, Moorlands, Tors, Rivers and Rural Villages!
- Pros:Quiet, Rural, Historical, Cultural, Beautifully Scenic
- Cons:Quiet, Rural, if you do not like this - I do!
- In a nutshell:A Successful Mix Of The Old And The New
There are definitely more pleasant places to visit, but none of them will have the live amateur music you will find... more travel advice
Not so much a favourite thing, but worthy of a mention, and this is the best category, so... This is nothing but a... more travel advice
Written Apr 12, 2003
The Tour of The Seafront
Written Sep 13, 2003
National Fireworks Competition 2003
Maeniel's Related Pages
Plymouth Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Devon's Proletarian City"
- "Historical Plymouth"
- "A Unique Maritime City!"
- "Naval Plymouth"
- "A Seafaring City"
- "Pierre_Rouss's new Cornwall Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Plymouth
- Hotels in Plymouth
- Transportation in Plymouth
- Nightlife in Plymouth
- Restaurants in Plymouth
- Shopping in Plymouth
- Warnings and Dangers in Plymouth
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Plymouth
- 22 Reviews
- 29 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Plymouth?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Plymouth
Photos in PlymouthSee All Photos (29)
Top 10 Pages
- Plymouth Intro, 22 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 11 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cyprus Intro, 11 reviews, 5 photos
- New York City Intro, 9 reviews, 3 photos
- Niagara Falls Intro, 6 reviews, 5 photos
- Ivybridge Intro, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Washington D.C. Intro, 3 reviews, 2 photos
- Troodos Intro, 3 reviews, 2 photos
- Ayia Napa Intro, 3 reviews, 1 photo
- Stirling Intro, 2 reviews, 1 photo
No friends yet.