Acapulco Things to Do Tips by GinGinCoo Top 5 Page for this destination
Acapulco Things to Do: 79 reviews and 98 photos
It was December and there wasnt a lot of people in Acapulco (except the occasional cruise ship that stop by for a day a couple of times a week) so the beaches were like paradise. Ok, just ignore the vendors, we went jetskiing, parasailing and drinking margaritas on the beach. It was wonderful.
We rode the shotover jet boat over pampagayo river. It was a great ride and beautiful views of the river where they filmed Rambo 2.
Horsebackriding in Pie de la Cuesta
We went to this beautiful beach called Pie de la Cuesta means "at the foot of the sunset" for one whole day. It is famous for their gorgeous sunsets and cococut gin. I loved drinking those (one more coconut gin por favor!). You can relax and get a tan while drinking the coconut gin or have your hair braided - A La Bo Derek (I did! for a bargain too) by the locals, We also went horsebackriding for half an hour.
Acapulco Diver taken from the deck
We went to the famous La Quebrada, a beautiful scenery of natural cliffs where you can see fearless men plunge into the sea from heights up to 136ft. This is an indescribable spectacle. The fearless divers plunge 136 feet into the crashing pacific below, landing on a 9 1/2 foot deep inlet, it has since the 1940's been one of Mexico's famous attractions. You can see these divers in 2 areas, 1 from a restaurant which you can buy drinks and food while watching the divers and another one is a like a deck where you can pay about 1 dollar a person or so to watch and take videos. Definitely a must see in Acapulco, how can they dive that high in shallow water???? AMAZING!!!
Dan parasailing over Acapulco Beaches!
Again, like what you should always do while in Mexico, first bargain for the price, even if you think you shouldnt, we paid about a 2 for 1 price for our parasailing adventure, there wasnt a lot of tourists so business was slow, take advantage of it! Parasailing is one activity you should do while in Acapulco. Its not scary at all, you take off from the beach and land on the beach. You'll enjoy a birds eye view of Acapulco! Once you're up there you'll think why didnt I do this before? TRY IT! TRUST ME ITS NOT SCARY!
GinGinCoo's Related Pages
Acapulco Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Acapulco the City that never sleeps"
- "Acapulco - a world famous place for beach vacation"
- "Honeymoon in Acapulco, Mexico"
- ""Sunset City""
- "Acapulco 2005"
- "ACAPULCO, NOT QUITE SURE"
- "Acapulco where nobody gets bored"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Acapulco
- Hotels in Acapulco
- Transportation in Acapulco
- Nightlife in Acapulco
- Restaurants in Acapulco
- Shopping in Acapulco
- Warnings and Dangers in Acapulco
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Acapulco
- 7 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Acapulco?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Acapulco
Top 10 Pages
- Costa Rica Intro, 25 reviews, 45 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cancún Intro, 28 reviews, 42 photos, 4 travelogues
- England Intro, 14 reviews, 21 photos, 2 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 11 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 10 reviews, 17 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alcatraz Island Intro, 12 reviews, 12 photos
- Madrid Intro, 9 reviews, 11 photos
- Vatican City Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos
- Burano Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Acapulco Intro, 7 reviews, 7 photos