"Wineries, Golf Courses, and Casinos..." Top 5 Page for this destination Temecula by GinGinCoo

Temecula Travel Guide: 71 reviews and 210 photos

Our Home Sweet Home

What else can you ask for? And we live here! Temecula is well known for its championship golf courses, a climate perfect for serene and beautiful hot-air ballooning adventures, and award-winning wineries nestled in 3,000 acres of picturesque wine country, but that's just the beginning. The community's mix of entertaining activities and friendly residents makes visitors want to return again and again.

Located in the heart of Temecula, the Old Town district blends historic buildings with over 640 antique dealers, unique shopping, and restaurants. Old Town Temecula is the site of many special events including car shows, semi-annual Rod Runs, Western Days, and summer weekend entertainment. Take a jaunt in a horse-drawn carriage or stroll along the wooden boardwalks. Every Saturday, visit the popular Farmer's Market which offers a wealth of fresh produce, flowers, and crafts. Tour the Temecula Valley Museum and discover the city's historical treasures.

If it's shopping you're looking for, you'll be sure to find that one-of-a-kind item in a quaint specialty boutique or one of Temecula's modern neighborhood centers. The Promenade Mall and Power Center offers the convenience of large department store shopping at its best.

When it's time to dine, an array of dining experiences will fit any taste or budget.

Great weather and fresh air will encourage you to take the family for a hike on the Santa Rosa Plateau Wildlife Preserve, or delight in a day of boating and fishing at Lake Skinner, the site of the annual Balloon & Wine Festival, or nearby Diamond Valley Lake.

Just south of Temecula, the Pechanga Tribe of American Indians operates the Pechanga Resort and Entertainment Center where visitors can enjoy gaming, boxing, or concerts.

We are just located 1 hour (about 60 miles) north of San Diego. 1 1/2 hour from South of Los Angeles (about 90 miles). And 1 hour (70 miles) south of Orange County (Buena Park, Anaheim)

Our Home

When I was single and lived in Los Angeles, my sister would take me to go wine tasting, I didnt know there were wineries in Southern California! I was shocked! I am not a big wine drinker but I would go anyway. I enjoyed the scenery and beautiful surroundings of this enchanted place. Unbeknownst to me I would be living here several years later. When we moved here my sister Eva had to explain to me that this was the place where she took me wine tasting several years ago! Imagine that! OK i guess I slept in the car thru some of her wine tasting stops... LOL but like I said I wasnt much of a wine drinker!

My husband Dan and I actually fell in love with this place while passing thru it when we would go Offroading (Los Coyotes Indian Reservation) which is another 30 minutes south of Hwy 79 in Temecula, it was such a nice clean and enticing city we couldnt help but check it out. On Memorial Day 2000, we checked out some Model Homes and Lo and Behold! Put down a deposit and bought one!

Yes, on a whim we sold our home in Chino Hills (where we were living at that time) and moved to Temecula, probably the best thing we ever did!

We love it here so much I decided to spread the word and make sure everyone else moves here now too! I'm a realtor in Temecula and YES talk to me and you will decide to move here too! LOL.

If you're ever in the area drop me a line and maybe I can give you a short tour of my lovely city.

• Pros:Beautiful City, No Smog, Great Place
  • Cons:None
  • In a nutshell:I live here! Its awesome I'm never moving anywhere else!
  • Last visit to Temecula: Oct 2000
  • Intro Updated Feb 21, 2004

• Martin_S.'s Profile Photo
    Mar 28, 2012 at 5:25 AM

Temecula, wow, lived just south in San Diego and never knew of your home town, took your pages to introduce me. Thanks for sharing.
    Martin

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Jul 16, 2009 at 7:21 AM

Great tips neighbor!

• Nov 27, 2005 at 5:33 AM

We will be movint to Temecula shortly. appreciate the information. Seems like a nice place to be...

• btex's Profile Photo
    Feb 27, 2004 at 1:54 PM

I've tasted wine in Temecula - good times at good wineries. nice tips.

GinGinCoo Lives Here!

GinGinCoo

“All I want is a warm bed, a kind word, and UNLIMITED FREQUENT FLIER MILES! Mabuhay ang Pilipino!”

Badges & Stats in Temecula

Have you been to Temecula?

Latest Activity in Temecula