"Wild Animal Park" Top 5 Page for this destination Escondido by GinGinCoo

Escondido Travel Guide: 38 reviews and 68 photos

We took my friends from the Philippines, Arlene and husband Jun to Wild Animal Park in Escondido. It was all our first time there. I've been to San Diego Zoo several times before and never been to this park. Wow!!!, look at what I missed!!! No wonder my neighbors always recommended going here. This was not a zoo... it felt like we were on Safari. The animals seems like they were in their own natural environment. They have 1,800 acre wildlife preserve which allows visitors to view herds of exotic animals as they might have been seen in their native Asia or Africa.

Railway

What makes the San Diego Zoo's Wild Animal Park so unique are the large enclosures which enable the animals to roam freely. So how do you observe them in their natural setting? The Wgasa Bush Line Railway, that's how. The Railway is an electric monorail ride that takes you on an incredible, 55-minute guided tour of the Wild Animal Park's major field enclosures of Eurasia and Africa. Go to http://www.wildanimalpark.com. Go there for more information.

Wild Animal Park is definitely the Park to see when in the San Diego Area

• Pros:Safari-Like place, low entrance fees
  • Cons:None
  • In a nutshell:If you're planning to go to a Zoo, skip it and go here!
  • Last visit to Escondido: Apr 2003
  • Intro Updated Mar 6, 2004

Comments

GinGinCoo

“All I want is a warm bed, a kind word, and UNLIMITED FREQUENT FLIER MILES! Mabuhay ang Pilipino!”

Badges & Stats in Escondido

Have you been to Escondido?

Latest Activity in Escondido