"Wild Animal Park" Top 5 Page for this destination Escondido by GinGinCoo
Escondido Travel Guide: 39 reviews and 73 photos
We took my friends from the Philippines, Arlene and husband Jun to Wild Animal Park in Escondido. It was all our first time there. I've been to San Diego Zoo several times before and never been to this park. Wow!!!, look at what I missed!!! No wonder my neighbors always recommended going here. This was not a zoo... it felt like we were on Safari. The animals seems like they were in their own natural environment. They have 1,800 acre wildlife preserve which allows visitors to view herds of exotic animals as they might have been seen in their native Asia or Africa.
What makes the San Diego Zoo's Wild Animal Park so unique are the large enclosures which enable the animals to roam freely. So how do you observe them in their natural setting? The Wgasa Bush Line Railway, that's how. The Railway is an electric monorail ride that takes you on an incredible, 55-minute guided tour of the Wild Animal Park's major field enclosures of Eurasia and Africa. Go to http://www.wildanimalpark.com. Go there for more information.
Wild Animal Park is definitely the Park to see when in the San Diego Area
- Pros:Safari-Like place, low entrance fees
- In a nutshell:If you're planning to go to a Zoo, skip it and go here!
Another entertaining show. It is quite short about 15 minutes but worth it. These animals are amazing! You will be... more travel advice
Exactly what the title says! Petting Zoo.. Pet away! I love this place, I couldve pet these animals all day long. more travel advice
GinGinCoo's Related Pages
Escondido Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Escondido, Northeast of San Diego"
- "brdwtchr's new Escondido Page"
- "Wild Animal Park"
- "My Home!"
- "Laurie-Jeanne's new Escondido Page"
- "Escondido? Where is that?"
- "Good ol' Esco"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Escondido
- Hotels in Escondido
- Restaurants in Escondido
- Shopping in Escondido
- Warnings and Dangers in Escondido
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Escondido
- 6 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Escondido?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Escondido
Photos in EscondidoSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Costa Rica Intro, 25 reviews, 45 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cancún Intro, 28 reviews, 42 photos, 4 travelogues
- England Intro, 14 reviews, 21 photos, 2 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 11 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 10 reviews, 17 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alcatraz Island Intro, 12 reviews, 12 photos
- Madrid Intro, 9 reviews, 11 photos
- Vatican City Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos
- Burano Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Acapulco Intro, 7 reviews, 7 photos