"The Vatican" Vatican City by GinGinCoo

Vatican City Travel Guide: 1,239 reviews and 3,796 photos

This was my 2nd trip to the Vatican City, Dan's first. Some of the pictures in my Tips were taken during my first visit back in 1995, I apologize for the picture quality, it was before I got a digital camera so it was scanned pics.

It was Christmas Day and it was raining! It didnt stop us and all those thousands of people from trying to see the Pope and receive his blessing.

Christmas Day at the Vatican

This is one unforgettable experience, and we were very lucky to be there. On Christmas Day, 2002, we went to the Vatican to see the Pope, who was appearing that day to give everyone a Christmas Blessing. He was so frail but managed to greet out salutations in 60 different languages (4 of them I understood!). It was amazing! After the blessing he got in his Pope Mobile and went around St. Peter's Square and he was about 10 yard from us! I'm Catholic so this was like a big deal for me. It was amazing seeing thousands of people screaming and crying, it was like a rock concert! Except they went thousands of miles just to see the Pope We were truly fortunate.

• Last visit to Vatican City: Dec 2002
  • Intro Updated Mar 11, 2004

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Aug 26, 2009 at 8:02 AM

Hi, GinGin ! I see it was a great trip in spite of the weather...

• Sininen's Profile Photo
    Dec 12, 2007 at 9:06 AM

Very interesting page with beautiful pictures. Happy birthday from Finland!

GinGinCoo

“All I want is a warm bed, a kind word, and UNLIMITED FREQUENT FLIER MILES! Mabuhay ang Pilipino!”

Badges & Stats in Vatican City

Have you been to Vatican City?

Latest Activity in Vatican City