"A Break from Cycling to Visit Africa" Morocco by birvine
Morocco Travel Guide: 10,414 reviews and 30,079 photos
With the warnings from my travel guide and from what people said, not to mention my feeling about port cities in general, I went to Tanger with much trepidation. Louts. Drugs. Etc.
Well, it was all for nothing. Friendly, welcoming, and gracious is how I would describe our welcome by the residents of this North African city. They were relaxed, told us not to worry, and really, there was nothing to be nervous about.
I must add the point that we were very careful with our belongings and kept our valuables hidden under our clothing. But once we were oriented along the beach hotels, we were out abd about without nary a problem.
- Pros:Friendly, gracious, inexpensive
- Cons:Smelly in parts
- In a nutshell:Intriguing, exotic and Africa!
birvine's Related Pages
Morocco Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Me Inside You, You Inside My Morocco"
- "A wonder called Morocco"
- "Love the people and colours and sights of Morocco!"
- "Paul2001's trip to Morocco"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Morocco
- Hotels in Morocco
- Transportation in Morocco
- Nightlife in Morocco
- Restaurants in Morocco
- Shopping in Morocco
- Warnings and Dangers in Morocco
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Morocco
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Morocco?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Morocco
Top 10 Pages
- Cochrane Intro, 12 reviews, 19 photos, 3 travelogues
- Cape Breton Island Intro, 6 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ottawa Intro, 4 reviews, 4 photos
- Iroquois Falls Intro, 1 review, 6 photos, 1 travelogue
- Slovenia Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos
- Ireland Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Turkey Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Austria Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Hawaii (State of) Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Switzerland Intro, 1 review, 1 photo