"Lappeenranta - a nice city in southern Finland" Top 5 Page for this destination Lappeenranta by Amala
Lappeenranta Travel Guide: 72 reviews and 139 photos
Lappeenranta (founded 1649) is the administrative, business and cultural centre of the South Karelia region. The eleventh-largest Finnish city by number of inhabitants
(58 000), Lappeenranta is a city known for its friendly and good-humoured people, its natural beauty, its happy Karelian character and its good prospects for the future.
Lappeenranta is situated on the beautiful Lake Saimaa. Wouldn't it be nice to live on this island - only 500 m from the city!
This waterway from Lake Saimaa to the Gulf of Finland, with a total length of almost 43 kilometres, was inaugurated in 1968. The difference between the water levels of Lake Saimaa and the Gulf of Finland totals 76 metres, which has been offset by means of eight locks; three of which are situated on the Finnish side of the border.
The best way to learn more about the Canal is to take a sightseeing tour or a canal cruise from Lappeenranta to Viborg in Russia!
- Pros:Lake Saimaa and nice, friendly people!
- Cons:Contact me when you are coming!
- In a nutshell:Lappeenranta - the pearl of Saimaa
Amala's Related Pages
Lappeenranta Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- ""No we can't go there, it's Russia!""
- "Lappeenranta - a nice city in southern Finland"
- "City of the Lakes - Lappeenranta"
- "Welcome to Lappeenranta!"
- "Lappeenranta, long time no see..."
- "Lappeenranta, the city of meatpies."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lappeenranta
- Hotels in Lappeenranta
- Transportation in Lappeenranta
- Nightlife in Lappeenranta
- Restaurants in Lappeenranta
- Shopping in Lappeenranta
- Warnings and Dangers in Lappeenranta
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lappeenranta
- 1 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Lappeenranta?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lappeenranta
- Luumäki Intro, 4 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lappeenranta Intro, 1 review, 4 photos