"Turkey rocks!" Turkey by 80-bettyboo
Turkey Travel Guide: 24,319 reviews and 69,494 photos
Turkey is the only country in the world that bridges two continents Asia and Europe.. The History of Anatolia,the homeland,is increadibly long and rich,dating from 7500 BC..From the ancient Greece to the Romans,the Hittites,the Byzantines,and the Ottomans,Asia Minor as hosted the advance and retreat of numerous great civilizations and their culture traffic.
The Hittite Empire ruled the Anatolia for hundreds of year
( 1250 BC- 1800 BC)
Phrygians,Urartians,Lydians,Persians and Romans are some of other civilizations who conquered and left their marks in the Asia Minor.
It has also hosted Byzantines (600 AD to 1453 AD)
and the centre of the Roman Empire moved from Roma to Constantinople (Istanbul)
in 330 AD..
The great Seljuc Empire was based in Konya ( 1071 AD) and
The Ottoman Empire was founded in Bursa ( 1228 AD) .The Ottoman conquered Constantinople(Istanbul)
in 1453 AD and ruled until 1923 when Republic of Turkey was established.
Capital : Ankara
Currency : Turkish Lira ( bear in mind you're millionaire)
Language : Turkish
Religion : Muslim
Counrty calling code : 09
Higest Point : Mount Ararat -5199 m.
Area : is 814,578 square kilometres, of which 790,200 are in Asia and 24,378 are located in Europe.
Geographical Region :
Turkey is generally divided into seven regions: the Black Sea region, the Marmara region, the Aegean, the Mediterranean, Central Anatolia, the East and Southeast Anatolia regions.
3 rd of the world, thanks Turkey...
that means alot for us, that day we all went crazy and proud of all those guys who had a part in this success ...
Just to relax under orange tree.. the price is 7-8 US $ including bed&brekfass&dinner **a trip to Firestone (Chimeria)... more travel advice
It is a rule that all the guys till age of 5-6 has to be circumtaised..It is locals custom that boy wears clothes and... more travel advice
- See All Saklýkent
- See All Bosphorous Cruise !
- See All Turkey to Greece
- See All An Invitataion !
80-bettyboo's Related Pages
Turkey Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Turkey - a travell from east to west"
- "My Turkey - real and virtual"
- "DID YOU KNOW THAT ?"
- "Turkey's Magnificent Riviera"
- "Travels in Turkey"
- "Turkey: Spans Both Europe and Asia"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Turkey
- Hotels in Turkey
- Transportation in Turkey
- Nightlife in Turkey
- Restaurants in Turkey
- Shopping in Turkey
- Warnings and Dangers in Turkey
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Turkey
- 82 Reviews
- 109 Photos
- 57 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Turkey?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Turkey
Top 10 Pages
- Turkey Intro, 49 reviews, 65 photos, 5 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 33 reviews, 44 photos, 4 travelogues
- Dunedin Intro, 9 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Italy Intro, 17 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sydney Intro, 9 reviews, 21 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 9 reviews, 7 photos
- Niagara Falls Intro, 7 reviews, 9 photos
- New York City Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 7 reviews, 7 photos
- Queenstown 6 reviews, 6 photos
Top Turkey hotels
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7626 Reviews - 19412 Photos
- Antalya Hotels
- 734 Reviews - 2038 Photos
- Marmaris Hotels
- 622 Reviews - 1132 Photos
- Bodrum Hotels
- 705 Reviews - 1641 Photos
- Kusadasi Hotels
- 306 Reviews - 836 Photos
- Belek Hotels
- 57 Reviews - 166 Photos
- Icmeler Hotels
- 233 Reviews - 451 Photos
- Side Hotels
- 141 Reviews - 358 Photos
- Fethiye Hotels
- 352 Reviews - 875 Photos
- Pamukkale Hotels
- 270 Reviews - 953 Photos
- Alanya Hotels
- 423 Reviews - 901 Photos
- Izmir Hotels
- 453 Reviews - 1275 Photos
- Kemer Hotels
- 40 Reviews - 168 Photos
- Hisaronu Hotels
- 24 Reviews - 56 Photos
- Kalkan Hotels
- 149 Reviews - 378 Photos