"Turkey rocks!" Turkey by 80-bettyboo
Turkey Travel Guide: 24,675 reviews and 71,013 photos
Turkey is the only country in the world that bridges two continents Asia and Europe.. The History of Anatolia,the homeland,is increadibly long and rich,dating from 7500 BC..From the ancient Greece to the Romans,the Hittites,the Byzantines,and the Ottomans,Asia Minor as hosted the advance and retreat of numerous great civilizations and their culture traffic.
The Hittite Empire ruled the Anatolia for hundreds of year
( 1250 BC- 1800 BC)
Phrygians,Urartians,Lydians,Persians and Romans are some of other civilizations who conquered and left their marks in the Asia Minor.
It has also hosted Byzantines (600 AD to 1453 AD)
and the centre of the Roman Empire moved from Roma to Constantinople (Istanbul)
in 330 AD..
The great Seljuc Empire was based in Konya ( 1071 AD) and
The Ottoman Empire was founded in Bursa ( 1228 AD) .The Ottoman conquered Constantinople(Istanbul)
in 1453 AD and ruled until 1923 when Republic of Turkey was established.
Capital : Ankara
Currency : Turkish Lira ( bear in mind you're millionaire)
Language : Turkish
Religion : Muslim
Counrty calling code : 09
Higest Point : Mount Ararat -5199 m.
Area : is 814,578 square kilometres, of which 790,200 are in Asia and 24,378 are located in Europe.
Geographical Region :
Turkey is generally divided into seven regions: the Black Sea region, the Marmara region, the Aegean, the Mediterranean, Central Anatolia, the East and Southeast Anatolia regions.
3 rd of the world, thanks Turkey...
that means alot for us, that day we all went crazy and proud of all those guys who had a part in this success ...
Just to relax under orange tree.. the price is 7-8 US $ including bed&brekfass&dinner **a trip to Firestone (Chimeria)... more travel advice
It is a rule that all the guys till age of 5-6 has to be circumtaised..It is locals custom that boy wears clothes and... more travel advice
- See All Saklýkent
- See All Bosphorous Cruise !
- See All Turkey to Greece
- See All An Invitataion !
80-bettyboo's Related Pages
Turkey Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Turkey - a travell from east to west"
- "DID YOU KNOW THAT ?"
- "My Turkey - real and virtual"
- "Turkey's Magnificent Riviera"
- "Travels in Turkey"
- "Turkey: Spans Both Europe and Asia"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Turkey
- Hotels in Turkey
- Transportation in Turkey
- Nightlife in Turkey
- Restaurants in Turkey
- Shopping in Turkey
- Warnings and Dangers in Turkey
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Turkey
- 82 Reviews
- 109 Photos
- 57 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Turkey?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Turkey
Top 10 Pages
- Turkey Intro, 49 reviews, 65 photos, 5 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 33 reviews, 44 photos, 4 travelogues
- Dunedin Intro, 9 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Italy Intro, 17 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sydney Intro, 9 reviews, 21 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 9 reviews, 7 photos
- Niagara Falls Intro, 7 reviews, 9 photos
- New York City Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 7 reviews, 7 photos
- Queenstown 6 reviews, 6 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (30)
Top Turkey hotels
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7829 Reviews - 20234 Photos
- Antalya Hotels
- 739 Reviews - 2057 Photos
- Marmaris Hotels
- 625 Reviews - 1134 Photos
- Bodrum Hotels
- 708 Reviews - 1641 Photos
- Icmeler Hotels
- 235 Reviews - 455 Photos
- Kusadasi Hotels
- 312 Reviews - 853 Photos
- Alanya Hotels
- 435 Reviews - 986 Photos
- Belek Hotels
- 58 Reviews - 170 Photos
- Side Hotels
- 143 Reviews - 364 Photos
- Fethiye Hotels
- 352 Reviews - 878 Photos
- Hisaronu Hotels
- 25 Reviews - 57 Photos
- Ankara Hotels
- 372 Reviews - 1286 Photos
- Pamukkale Hotels
- 270 Reviews - 958 Photos
- Izmir Hotels
- 454 Reviews - 1275 Photos
- Kemer Hotels
- 41 Reviews - 168 Photos