"XINJIANG - Beautiful, Stunning, Unique and Big!" Top 5 Page for this destination Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Province by sunshinee
Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Province Travel Guide: 778 reviews and 2,057 photos
Xinjiang is the biggest province in China. You need at least 3 weeks to visit the north, west and south. That's what we did. We spent one month travelling in Xinjiang:
Urumqi ----> Kansas Lake (very north) ---->Urumqi---->Kashgar (west)---->Karakul lake (100km from pakistan border)----->Hotan (south)---->Kashgar---->Turpan---->Heavely Lake (near urumqi) ----->Urumqi.
As you can see, we passed Urumqi 3 times. We also tried to avoid that but urumqi is in the middle and it's the connection point so it is hard not to stop in Urumqi again and again. Xinjiang offers a lot of stunning scenery, snow-capped mountains, boundless deserts and vast grasslands. There was a lot of long ride in bus or train or horse but it is all worth it to travel to all these places.
Xinjiang borders Tibet, Qinghai, Gansu, Mongolia, Kazakhstan, Kirghizstan, Uzbekistan, Tadzhikistan, Afghanistan, Pakistan and India. And the main ethnic group is Ugyur in this province. So, there are a lot of muslims and mosques. Urumqi is probably the less interesting place in Xinjiang. Just like any other cities in China but there are still a lot of Ugyur people came to the city to work and make money.
So sweet and juicy! So many differnt kinds of fruits, all of them are so good. Grapes, water-melons, pears, apples....In the summer time, they are so many fruits and so cheap. All of them tasted so good, thanks to their temperature. Turpan is famous for grapes and rasins are their famous products. I had never tasted so juicy grapes, pears, melons before except in xinjiang. There is one kind of fruit I didn't try is Fig. It's a very popular fruit for the locals there. They sell it everywhere especially in the Ugyhur areas. They looked very mushy to me so it didn't really attract me.
Yak milk tea, butter and bread is their every day food. We ate this every morning. But not only here, even in the North... more travel advice
The lake is not very big but it is absolutely gorgeous with snow moutains range aound it. In the day time the... more travel advice
sunshinee's Related Pages
Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Province Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Following the Silk Road"
- "Xinjiang - A vast and mysterious land"
- "XINJIANG - Beautiful, Stunning, Unique and Big!"
- "Happy Journey"
- "The Mysterious Xinjiang -- I love it."
- "Back to Xinjiang in 2007!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Province
- Hotels in Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Province
- Transportation in Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Province
- Nightlife in Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Province
- Restaurants in Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Province
- Shopping in Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Province
- Warnings and Dangers in Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Province
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Province
- 40 Reviews
- 43 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Province?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Province
- updated a Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Province Travel Page "XINJIANG - Beautiful, Stunning, Unique and Big!"
- Uploaded a Photo to "XINJIANG - Beautiful, Stunning, Unique and Big!"
- Wrote a Review Karukal Lake in Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Province Things to Do
- Posted in Travel China Forum "Re: Chengdu in April"
Photos in Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous ProvinceSee All Photos (43)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Province Intro, 40 reviews, 43 photos
- Lijiang Intro, 14 reviews, 18 photos
- Yangshuo Intro, 13 reviews, 16 photos
- Israel Intro, 9 reviews, 12 photos
- Ko Chang Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos
- Jerusalem Intro, 3 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Chengdu Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Tel Aviv District Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Beijing Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Songpan Intro, 1 review, 4 photos