"Tanzania.... Beauty...Diversity...Wilderness" Top 5 Page for this destination Tanzania by Bonobo2005
Tanzania Travel Guide: 2,864 reviews and 7,753 photos
Tanzania is mostly known for it's famous Parks like Serengeti or Ngorongoro, for it's Paradise Island of Zanzibar and for the presence of Africa's summit: Mt. Kilimanjaro. And yes, if you can afford it, you shouldn't miss any of these highlights.
Outside the usual tourist circuit you'll find a different Tanzania, and it costs time, effort and motivation to get into that, but it's so much worth it!
A great help is the Cultural Tourism Programme, a tourism initiative involving 15 villages all over Tanzania, that aims to benefit small local communities who organize excellent excursions in their surroundings.
I've tried to get impressions of "both worlds" in 7 weeks' time, and this page is an overview.%f*
In the Ngorongoro Conservation Area there's a canyon nicknamed cradle of mankind because the archaeological findings... more travel advice
This tip refers to: * Lonely Planet's Tanzania Guide; * Lonely Planet East Africa Guide (Tanzania chapter); I met a lot... more travel advice
Bonobo2005's Related Pages
Tanzania Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Tanzania - Zanzibar"
- "An Amazing African Experience"
- "Tanzania.... Beauty...Diversity...Wilderness"
- "Grete's Safari Page"
- "Best of Tanzania"
- "Tanzania, I will never forget you......."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tanzania
- Hotels in Tanzania
- Transportation in Tanzania
- Nightlife in Tanzania
- Restaurants in Tanzania
- Shopping in Tanzania
- Warnings and Dangers in Tanzania
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tanzania
- 115 Reviews
- 137 Photos
- 11 Forum posts
- 8 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (47)
Have you been to Tanzania?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tanzania
- Posted in Travel Cape Verde Forum "Re: Holiday middle march 2011"
- Commented on one of Saagar's Tanzania travel pages
- updated a Tanzania Travel Page "Tanzania.... Beauty...Diversity...Wilderness"
- Wrote a Review Olduvai Gorge - Cradle of Mankind in Tanzania Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "Olduvai Gorge - Cradle of Mankind"
Top 10 Pages
- Serooskerke (Walcheren) Intro, 181 reviews, 223 photos, 5 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 85 reviews, 90 photos
- Zinder Intro, 42 reviews, 61 photos, 2 travelogues
- Timia Intro, 37 reviews, 65 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tibet Intro, 36 reviews, 38 photos
- Myanmar (Burma) Intro, 34 reviews, 35 photos
- Santa Juliana Intro, 17 reviews, 36 photos, 3 travelogues
- Singapore 1 review, 49 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tanzania Intro, 23 reviews, 24 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Rajasthan Intro, 22 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue