"Rwanda, extremely rewarding destination" Rwanda by Bonobo2005

Rwanda Travel Guide: 391 reviews and 1,447 photos

Before I left home I didn't intend to visit Rwanda at all. The country is well known mostly because of it's horrible recent history and you might think that Rwanda should therefore be more the scope for NGO's than for travellers.

Nowadays, nothing is less true. Rwanda has really great people that are honest, cheerful and helpful despite the fact that life is not always easy. I rarely visited a country where I felt more welcome.

Wonderful people, breathtaking beautiful lakes, challenging mountains, stunning scenery, perfect climate, rare species of apes, excellent roads, express buses, good and cheap food and beer, various accommodationoptions, fast internet, only few tourists outside the gorilla-homes, I found it all in Rwanda, a safe and yet to be discovered backpackers haven!

• Last visit to Rwanda: Feb 2003
  • Intro Updated Jul 22, 2009

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Oct 5, 2008 at 6:50 PM

Inspirational page thanks - great tips and photos.might be somewhere I could get to next...!?

• marcoparco's Profile Photo
    Jul 22, 2006 at 12:21 PM

Bo nobo, you have an amazing page here and I came back to visit once more before I move to Rwanda for 6 months next week. I will be hitting most of places you have visited in hope that I will have as good of time as you had! Thanks for your input! Cheers

• hindu1936's Profile Photo
    Apr 12, 2006 at 9:49 PM

Ms. Fossey's work has long been a story of great emotion for me. I did not know the memorial site was still intact. I had heard that the murderers of the genocide had destroyed it. thanks.

• chewy3326's Profile Photo
    Mar 17, 2006 at 12:20 PM

Rwanda has probably been unfairly stereotyped as a very violent nation, but it looks very beautiful and diverse. Great page!

• acemj's Profile Photo
    Jun 8, 2005 at 5:42 PM

Sounds like you became a must see activity while walking around. This page is so refreshing. Great to see Rwanda is such a positive light.

• damaris05's Profile Photo
    Nov 23, 2004 at 4:51 PM

COOL Sunset!!! WoW! I like it!!

• THLIN's Profile Photo
    Oct 5, 2004 at 9:42 AM

IT must have been amazing to be threre...I wish I could be there Nice Page...

• Aug 6, 2004 at 3:50 AM

I have not been in my country - Rwanda- for the last 17 years and i was glad to see the wonderful pictures that you took. They brought tears to my eyes

• grets's Profile Photo
    Jun 30, 2004 at 9:36 AM

Great page - beautiful pictures and useful tips. Thanks

• husain's Profile Photo
    May 10, 2004 at 11:16 PM

great page! i`m headed there soon- for a television assignment...

Bonobo2005 Visits Here Frequently!

Badges & Stats in Rwanda