"Rwanda, extremely rewarding destination" Rwanda by Bonobo2005
Rwanda Travel Guide: 400 reviews and 1,510 photos
Before I left home I didn't intend to visit Rwanda at all. The country is well known mostly because of it's horrible recent history and you might think that Rwanda should therefore be more the scope for NGO's than for travellers.
Nowadays, nothing is less true. Rwanda has really great people that are honest, cheerful and helpful despite the fact that life is not always easy. I rarely visited a country where I felt more welcome.
Wonderful people, breathtaking beautiful lakes, challenging mountains, stunning scenery, perfect climate, rare species of apes, excellent roads, express buses, good and cheap food and beer, various accommodationoptions, fast internet, only few tourists outside the gorilla-homes, I found it all in Rwanda, a safe and yet to be discovered backpackers haven!
Even if you don't go for the gorillas, there's still enough reason to visit the Parc, as I found out. As volcanoes are... more travel advice
The roads to the main destinations around the country are easily accessible by minibus on mostly tarmac roads in good... more travel advice
Bonobo2005's Related Pages
Rwanda Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "RELAXING RWANDA"
- "Without doubt, the cleanest country in Africa!"
- "Rwanda, "an elegant lady""
- "Stories from Rwanda"
- "Rwanda, extremely rewarding destination"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Rwanda
- Hotels in Rwanda
- Transportation in Rwanda
- Nightlife in Rwanda
- Restaurants in Rwanda
- Shopping in Rwanda
- Warnings and Dangers in Rwanda
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Rwanda
- 14 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (47)
Have you been to Rwanda?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rwanda
Top 10 Pages
- Serooskerke (Walcheren) Intro, 181 reviews, 223 photos, 5 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 85 reviews, 90 photos
- Zinder Intro, 42 reviews, 61 photos, 2 travelogues
- Timia Intro, 37 reviews, 65 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tibet Intro, 36 reviews, 38 photos
- Myanmar (Burma) Intro, 34 reviews, 35 photos
- Santa Juliana Intro, 17 reviews, 36 photos, 3 travelogues
- Singapore 1 review, 49 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tanzania Intro, 23 reviews, 24 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Rajasthan Intro, 22 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue