Serooskerke (Walcheren) Sports & Outdoors Tips by Bonobo2005
Serooskerke (Walcheren) Sports & Outdoors: 4 reviews and 4 photos
Shot of the 2003 edition
Most years, the famous regional local cycling race for women, called the "Star of Walcheren" passes by in Serooskerke.
If you're interested in professional women's cycling, try to be around in June! Unfortunately, Serooskerke never had a start or finish, but this year 2 bonus sprints took place on the Oostkapelseweg.
Mr. J. Riemens scores 1-0 against ADUARD (14/6/03)
When in Serooskerke you may watch a match of the local soccerclub VV Serooskerke and get drunk with the locals in the canteen afterwards
The club was founded in 1948 and by then they played on a piece of farmland. It lasted until 1957, before a decent accommodation was available, at the Zandput in the centre of the village.
Because of the increasing numbers of active members the facilities became insufficient, and thanks to sales of Mr. Chris Riemens to Roda JC (prof team in Dutch highest division), VV Serooskerke was able to build a new and supermodern sportscomplex in 1978.
From then, one after the other big achievement was made, accumalating in promotion to the Dutch highest division for amateur teams in 1989.
But the absolute highlight in the history of VV Serooskerke became 1988, when the (later European Cup winning) Dutch National Team, with Gullit, Rijkaard and the legendary Marco Van Basten decided to play a testmatch against the VV Serooskerke. VV Serooskerke lost with only 0-8.
Nowadays the level of VV Serooskerke can not be compared that of the good times anymore. Still it's nice to watch a match, taste the atmosphere and get drunk with local people in the canteen afterwards.
For directions, just ask around in the village centre.
Theme: Sports Watching
watching the game
Another popular sports activity, especially when you get extremely bored, is to play soccer with an empty plastic bottle.
On the basketball field at the JOP (Youth Meeting Point) you might find some teens who like to play.
Don't forget an empty bottle!
Theme: Extreme Sports
If you got bored when visiting Serooskerke, you could play basketball with local youth.
It's not only a very nice activity, but playing with these kids also brings mutual understanding!!!
Directions: Behind De Zandput
More Reviews (177)
- See All Semi Awesome Electricity House
- See All Kleine Putweg Region
- See All Queens day: again a playback show
- See All Fresh fish once a week!
- See All Open Mill Day
- See All Mini camping De Druiverank
- See All CrimesTop 5 in Serooskerke involving...
- See All Breedijk Horecaverzorging
- See All Low voltage storage unit #08
- See All Bus Serooskerke to Domburg
- See All Stroskerks Eetuus
Been to Serooskerke (Walcheren)?Share your travels with the world!
Bonobo2005's Related Pages
Serooskerke (Walcheren) Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Serooskerke: Pearl on The Isle of Walcheren"
- "Local produce"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Serooskerke (Walcheren)
- Hotels in Serooskerke (Walcheren)
- Transportation in Serooskerke (Walcheren)
- Nightlife in Serooskerke (Walcheren)
- Restaurants in Serooskerke (Walcheren)
- Shopping in Serooskerke (Walcheren)
- Warnings and Dangers in Serooskerke (Walcheren)
- See All...
Explore the World
- Southend-on-Sea Hotels
- Simferopol Hotels
- Gloucester Hotels
- Khett Siem Reab Hotels
Badges & Stats in Serooskerke (Walcheren)
- 181 Reviews
- 223 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 54 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (21)
Have you been to Serooskerke (Walcheren)?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Serooskerke (Walcheren)
- Posted in Travel Cape Verde Forum "Re: Holiday middle march 2011"
- Wrote a Review Semi Awesome Electricity House in Serooskerke (Walcheren) Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Welgelegen Small Pool (almost Seasonal)"
- updated a Serooskerke (Walcheren) Travelogue "A collection of markers in Serooskerke"
- Commented on one of Bonobo2005's Serooskerke (Walcheren) travel pages
Photos in Serooskerke (Walcheren)See All Photos (223)
Top 10 Pages
- Serooskerke (Walcheren) Intro, 181 reviews, 223 photos, 5 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 85 reviews, 90 photos
- Zinder Intro, 42 reviews, 61 photos, 2 travelogues
- Timia Intro, 37 reviews, 65 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tibet Intro, 36 reviews, 38 photos
- Burma Intro, 34 reviews, 35 photos
- Santa Juliana Intro, 17 reviews, 36 photos, 3 travelogues
- Singapore 1 review, 49 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tanzania Intro, 23 reviews, 24 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Rajasthan Intro, 22 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue