"Serooskerke: Pearl on The Isle of Walcheren" Serooskerke (Walcheren) by Bonobo2005
Serooskerke (Walcheren) Travel Guide: 165 reviews and 227 photos
This page has grown a little huge and became perhaps a bit difficult to navigate; I try to reorganise the tips in near future and sort them region by region, event by event and so on...A promise to all the fans...
The best known highlights of Serooskerke Village are the famous and legendary Coinsquare at the foot of the 15th century churchtower, the endless natural beauty of the Park around the Welgelegen Estate with its interestingly varied flora and fauna, the unique windmill which is of a very rare brand and of course the highly praised Mart's Curio Shop!
Special Interest tours to Serooskerke take in concerts of brassband EMM, Garden and Art Exhibitions and/or excursions to a series of the infamous and dramatic low voltage storage units. On hot days the open air swimming pool - set in a large leafy playground -attracts large crowds!
Also those in search of peaceful countrysidal joys find numerous options in and around Serooskerke by means of a choice of farmstays and stunning bicycleroutes. The village is situated only 5 kilometres from some of the best beaches you will find in The Netherlands, but still has a typical rural feel over it, far away from the tourist madness that dominates many of the Coastal villages.
Every year somewhere around early July, Serooskerke explodes during the Stroskerkse Dag (Serooskerke Day).
Try to coincide your visit to Serooskerke with this Day, when you may enjoy a large variety of local entertainment, displays of local craft and flee markets.
On no other occasion you will be able to meet and observe the villagers of Serooskerke, who finally come out of their houses.
One of the most delicate traditional housings of low voltage storage units (corner Boshoekweg and Kleine Putweg) in Serooskerke has recently been replaced by a boring grey housing.
It's really a pity that ancient authentic Industrial architecture is replaced by the functionality of modern times...
I researched and updated all my 18 highly rated low voltage storage unit tips under "Tourist traps", ....
- In a nutshell:More Than Just Palm Trees and Movie Stars!
- See All Kleine Putweg Region
- See All Queens day: again a playback show
- See All Fresh fish once a week!
- See All Open Mill Day
- See All Mini camping De Druiverank
- See All You shouldn't miss the women's cycling...
- See All CrimesTop 5 in Serooskerke involving...
- See All Breedijk Horecaverzorging
- See All Low voltage storage unit #08
- See All Bus Serooskerke to Domburg
- See All Stroskerks Eetuus
Been to Serooskerke (Walcheren)?Share your travels with the world!
Bonobo2005's Related Pages
Serooskerke (Walcheren) Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Serooskerke: Pearl on The Isle of Walcheren"
- "Local produce"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Serooskerke (Walcheren)
- Hotels in Serooskerke (Walcheren)
- Transportation in Serooskerke (Walcheren)
- Nightlife in Serooskerke (Walcheren)
- Restaurants in Serooskerke (Walcheren)
- Shopping in Serooskerke (Walcheren)
- Warnings and Dangers in Serooskerke (Walcheren)
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Serooskerke (Walcheren)
- 181 Reviews
- 223 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 46 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (47)
Have you been to Serooskerke (Walcheren)?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Serooskerke (Walcheren)
- Posted in Travel Cape Verde Forum "Re: Holiday middle march 2011"
- Wrote a Review Semi Awesome Electricity House in Serooskerke (Walcheren) Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Welgelegen Small Pool (almost Seasonal)"
- updated a Serooskerke (Walcheren) Travelogue "A collection of markers in Serooskerke"
- Commented on one of Bonobo2005's Serooskerke (Walcheren) travel pages
Photos in Serooskerke (Walcheren)See All Photos (223)
Top 10 Pages
- Serooskerke (Walcheren) Intro, 181 reviews, 223 photos, 5 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 85 reviews, 90 photos
- Zinder Intro, 42 reviews, 61 photos, 2 travelogues
- Timia Intro, 37 reviews, 65 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tibet Intro, 36 reviews, 38 photos
- Myanmar (Burma) Intro, 34 reviews, 35 photos
- Santa Juliana Intro, 17 reviews, 36 photos, 3 travelogues
- Singapore 1 review, 49 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tanzania Intro, 23 reviews, 24 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Rajasthan Intro, 22 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue