"Kyrgyzstan: about shepherds and exciting roadtrips" Top 5 Page for this destination Kyrgyzstan by Bonobo2005

Kyrgyzstan Travel Guide: 473 reviews and 1,195 photos

In my memories mountainous Kyrgyzstan has to be one of the most pure and beautiful countries on earth.

I wasn't able to trek the Tian Shan due to continuous terrible weather up there, but I still keep great memories of the unsurpassed beauty of the mountains and the lakes, the quiet life around the pastures, the friendly people and the exciting roadtrips.

Unfortunately, however, at that time I was not into photography so I took only few pictures, and not all that interesting. I regret a bit now.

But I hope that, while reading my tips, you will get a good impression of the traveller's AND local life in Khyrgyzstan!

• Last visit to Kyrgyzstan: Jul 2001
  • Intro Updated Jul 18, 2003

• budapest8's Profile Photo
    Oct 19, 2010 at 10:47 PM

Strange I never stumbled across these great pages. I spent 6 weeks in Karakol back in 1991. See they built a few new hotels and a new Ski Centre in 2007 for well off tourists and skiiers. Thx for sharing. Will try to visit yr other pages soon.Tim

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Oct 12, 2010 at 2:50 PM

To see the wonderful scenery and ingratiate yourself into the culture must be surreal. YOu have done a good job of describing the experience and the photos are very good.

• sachara's Profile Photo
    Jun 23, 2008 at 11:27 AM

Hoi Pieter, great to read your Kyrgystan page. Over ca 4 weken ben ik daar op weg van Turkmenistan naar China.

• SWFC_Fan's Profile Photo
    Aug 30, 2007 at 10:51 AM

Thanks for visiting my Pulau Ubin page. Excellent tips and photos here - I really enjoyed reading about your experiences in this fascinating country. I hope to do a trip to the various Central Asian 'Stans in future. Thanks for the excellent info here!

• husain's Profile Photo
    May 15, 2007 at 6:35 AM

great pictures and landscapes- esp the first one on yr page. after reading about yr experiences, i think i should underline kyrgyztan for a possible future travel plan!

• Dec 18, 2006 at 4:34 PM

looks like a stunning landscape! thanks for sharing your info, most useful!

• AnthonyGervis's Profile Photo
    Apr 10, 2006 at 4:30 AM

Hi I am planning a 2006/7 6/9 month trip from the UK Will a 2 wheel drive camper van manage the terain. I'm used to dificulties, is it possible

• LuisGuimaraes's Profile Photo
    Apr 2, 2006 at 4:45 PM

yep, great photographer

• zlatiq's Profile Photo
    Feb 3, 2006 at 7:30 AM

very good job on kyrgyzstan page too;now you made me wanna go there too...hehehe:) thanks

• TheWanderingCamel's Profile Photo
    Sep 5, 2005 at 2:18 AM

What an amzing journey you must have had. Would love to have made it in to Kyrg. but time was against us. Stunning opening photo. leyle

Badges & Stats in Kyrgyzstan

Have you been to Kyrgyzstan?

Friends