"Yogya has it: Culture, nature and entertainment!" Top 5 Page for this destination Yogyakarta Special Region by Bonobo2005
Yogyakarta Special Region Travel Guide: 979 reviews and 2,589 photos
Yogya is a very lively town, excellent for socializing, for shopping and for satisfying your artistic interests. In the evenings usually a lot is going on, such as local artists' exhibitions, local bands playing in the bars and cultural performances.
Around Yogya the Temples of Borobudur and Prambanan (which I didn't visit) are the most famous highlights. Also a nighttrip to Gunung Merapi, was awesome, since it is (06,2002) the most active volcano in Indonesia and you can watch/hear the lavaflow thundering from the mountain.
Last and least Yogy is an efficient place to organise onward trips, f.e. to Gunung Bromo and Bali or to West Java. Huge discounts are often available if you ask for it, since there's much more supply then demand nowadays.
For me, Yogya was by far the most interesting and pleasant town on Java!
Bonobo2005's Related Pages
Yogyakarta Special Region Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Between Merapi Volcano and the Indian Ocean"
- " The Hearts of JAVA CULTURE"
- "Yogya has it: Culture, nature and entertainment!"
- "Baron bay in the 70ies"
- "UNDER CONSTRUCTION"
- "Yogyakarta: Life Under Shadow Of Merapi Volcano"
- "HAND DRAWN BATIK MAKING"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Yogyakarta Special Region
- Hotels in Yogyakarta Special Region
- Transportation in Yogyakarta Special Region
- Nightlife in Yogyakarta Special Region
- Restaurants in Yogyakarta Special Region
- Shopping in Yogyakarta Special Region
- Warnings and Dangers in Yogyakarta Special Region
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Yogyakarta Special Region
- 1 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (21)
Have you been to Yogyakarta Special Region?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Yogyakarta Special Region
Top 10 Pages
- Serooskerke (Walcheren) Intro, 181 reviews, 223 photos, 5 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 85 reviews, 90 photos
- Zinder Intro, 42 reviews, 61 photos, 2 travelogues
- Timia Intro, 37 reviews, 65 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tibet Intro, 36 reviews, 38 photos
- Burma Intro, 34 reviews, 35 photos
- Santa Juliana Intro, 17 reviews, 36 photos, 3 travelogues
- Singapore 1 review, 49 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tanzania Intro, 23 reviews, 24 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Rajasthan Intro, 22 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue