"A big relief after India" Top 5 Page for this destination Bangladesh by Bonobo2005

Bangladesh Travel Guide: 467 reviews and 1,291 photos

"Go before the tourists come".....

This slogan might already be a cliche, but it's so right!

After spending 6 weeks in the touristic parts of India, I was suspicious of everyone friendly who approached me.

Well, the Bangladesh people are so much different. They didn't look at me in terms of $$$, but (almost) always treated me as a well respected guest or friend! In 2 weeks time I met hardly any tourists, and sometimes it's quite difficult to deal with situations or find the way, but always local people (sometimes too many) showed up with a helping hand or invited me for a cup of tea.

Bangladesh is also a beautiful country. I didn't see much of it in 2 weeks, but I'd really want to go back!!!

• Last visit to Bangladesh: Jan 2002
  • Intro Updated Jun 2, 2003

• muguruki's Profile Photo
    Jan 20, 2011 at 10:06 AM

Bangladesh is definately moving nearer to the top of my "places to go list". A lot of what I have read lately seems be in agreement with your views of India.

• illumina's Profile Photo
    Jan 11, 2010 at 3:14 PM

I know exactly what you mean about India, and felt the same relief in Pakistan. I'll read the rest of your page with interest!

• Sep 9, 2009 at 11:44 PM

I enjoyed reading your tips on Bangladesh - I am visiting soon - but am sorry to learn that you didn't have a good experience in neighbouring India...can you share the reasons?

• Aug 27, 2008 at 6:22 AM

Interesting web site about Bangladesh!

• zlatiq's Profile Photo
    Feb 10, 2007 at 8:53 AM

interesting!i cant believe everyone so helpful..its sounds too nice..hehehe;thanks for the great tips!

• sazzad's Profile Photo
    Sep 11, 2006 at 3:13 AM

you got a very good and clear Idea abt bangladesh in very short time..Its very much true that you have a sharp view ..thank you

• qiuxy's Profile Photo
    Sep 3, 2006 at 10:02 PM

It's quite amusing that local people treated foreign tourists in this way. sometimes we're impressed by local conditions and social customs instead of astonishing scenery. *-*

• jungles's Profile Photo
    May 28, 2006 at 11:39 AM

Great Bangladesh page. I only spent one night there en route to Yangon, but someday I'd like to go back and explore.

• waelkyrie's Profile Photo
    Apr 29, 2006 at 12:16 AM

hiya mate, i'm plannin to spend 2 months in bangladesh this summer- and your tips really made me very excited. sounds like you had a great journey! ~cheers!

• victorwkf's Profile Photo
    Mar 1, 2006 at 3:13 AM

Very interesting insight into Bangladesh :)

Badges & Stats in Bangladesh

Have you been to Bangladesh?

Latest Activity in Bangladesh