"Rajasthan" Top 5 Page for this destination State of Rajasthan by Bonobo2005
State of Rajasthan Travel Guide: 3,162 reviews and 9,650 photos
Note: I visited only small part of India, so this intro text might not be representative for all India!
It was a fellow traveller that persuaded me to go to India. After 5 exciting months on the road I had suffered a bit from a burn out, but 2 taking-it-easy weeks in Kathmandu gave me new inspiration again.
Moreover, I was extremely eager to see that equally beloved as hated country, that had to be so much different from very other in the world!
The bus from Kathmandu to Varanasi took 26 hours and instantly supplied me with some impressions of the specific travel circumstances that travellers had to deal with.
First an agent on the border conspired with a bus attendant to let me pay a commission on top of the ticket price, although I found the correct bus myself. And after we arrived, being completely exhausted, it cost me half an hour to convince the rikshaw driver to bring me to the guesthouse I wanted (he told me it was full -which was not the case- moreover he stopped 2 times and try to change my mind).
These are only 2 out of 1000 examples I can write down. Just every day I had to deal with this kind of irritating men and swindlers and it required a lot of self control to stay polite. And that what’s I wanted to do, because, how idealistic this thought actually was, finally someone might show up who was really sincerely friendly.
Still, it's the environment, the sights, the ambiance, why you could love India as well and consider it as a travel highlight after all.
Daily life here is like a movie, sometimes exciting, amazing, sometimes touching, shocking.
It never becomes boring…if you can control the overload of emotions and impressions!
I found Udaipur quite an attractive city with it’s small and lively streets, it’s marvellous City Palace, and with it’s... more travel advice
Pushkar is such an important place for Hindu followers, because it’s main temple is the only one in the world where... more travel advice
Bonobo2005's Related Pages
State of Rajasthan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The country of kings."
- "Faces & Places of Rajasthan"
- "Land of the Rajputs"
- "A Journey across Rajasthan"
- "India's tourist state"
- See All...
- Things to Do in State of Rajasthan
- Hotels in State of Rajasthan
- Transportation in State of Rajasthan
- Nightlife in State of Rajasthan
- Restaurants in State of Rajasthan
- Shopping in State of Rajasthan
- Warnings and Dangers in State of Rajasthan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in State of Rajasthan
- 22 Reviews
- 24 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (21)
Have you been to State of Rajasthan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in State of Rajasthan
- Posted in Travel Cape Verde Forum "Re: Holiday middle march 2011"
- updated a State of Rajasthan Travel Page "Rajasthan"
- Wrote a Review Udaipur: for Indian standards - an attractive city in State of Rajasthan Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Jaipur: an interesting observatory... and more"
- Commented on one of herzog63's State of Rajasthan travel pages
Photos in State of RajasthanSee All Photos (24)
Top 10 Pages
- Serooskerke (Walcheren) Intro, 181 reviews, 223 photos, 5 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 85 reviews, 90 photos
- Zinder Intro, 42 reviews, 61 photos, 2 travelogues
- Timia Intro, 37 reviews, 65 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tibet Intro, 36 reviews, 38 photos
- Burma Intro, 34 reviews, 35 photos
- Santa Juliana Intro, 17 reviews, 36 photos, 3 travelogues
- Singapore 1 review, 49 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tanzania Intro, 23 reviews, 24 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Rajasthan Intro, 22 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue