"Banda Island: ultimate chill out..." Banda Island by Bonobo2005

Banda Island Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 28 photos

Dominique fulfilled his dream and bought an island. A handful of staff takes care of the few hassles in the islandlife. Half a dozen of dogs take care of security.

Some days a fishing boat comes by to pick up a shopping list or to deliver the ordered goods from the mainland. Only necessary if there are guests. And that doesn't happen every week.

Some days a fishing boat brings guests, because he advertises on small scale an all-in stay for 20000 Ush ($12) a day.
"When I asked the girls to come for free, they didn't trust it, but now I'm charging $10, they say, well that's cheap!", Dominique explains.

That's all that happens on Banda Island...

All you need to know is perfectly explained on www.traveluganda.co.ug/banda-island and I promise you: it's all true and there's even more!

• Last visit to Banda Island: Mar 2003
  • Intro Updated May 18, 2003

• aidahbug's Profile Photo
    Jul 10, 2006 at 12:45 AM

It's Aidah, thanks for the Pictures of me and Gloria. Thanks for spreading the news of this wonderful place, for those who don't want to believe...Banda Island is real... a sweet relaxing place very basic and nice. Uganda has it all!!!!!!!!

• Hopkid's Profile Photo
    Jul 3, 2006 at 4:43 PM

Your descriptions of Banda are great! I'm not sure we'd ever visit there but I clearly got the sense of what it is like! Thanks! ~ Andy

• Zealander's Profile Photo
    Jan 17, 2006 at 10:55 AM

Perfect pics, also from A&G! overigens geweldig mierennieuws haha

• wish-nu's Profile Photo
    Sep 12, 2005 at 3:30 AM

a perfect getaway from it all

• AndreSTGT's Profile Photo
    May 5, 2004 at 1:32 PM

What kind of place is THIS????????? Sounds too good to be true!!!!!!!!!

• sachara's Profile Photo
    May 2, 2004 at 4:35 AM

What a special island, you visited. I know it's fun to look at the ants, giving them food and making obstacles. Once I will make a report of another African island where you can do it too !

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Apr 24, 2004 at 8:14 PM

Peter, have you been hiding this place from me? It sounds like Paradise - relaxation personified! I could really get into the'ant-watching' thing - used to do a bit of that myself while in Papua New Guinea! Top marks for this page!

• andal13's Profile Photo
    Aug 16, 2003 at 7:57 PM

"Antwatching" and "spiderwatching": the paradise for a "zoology-addicted"!!! What a GREAT place; thanks for "discover" it for us.

• ncfg's Profile Photo
    Aug 10, 2003 at 8:52 AM

Nice Island, it seems that is a place to relax.

• Sharrie's Profile Photo
    Aug 6, 2003 at 8:52 PM

Antz! When i was young, I once had them all over my legs & it was a pretty horrifying experience! Sometimes I forget what life was like in those good old days. Thanx for the reminder... it's relaxing to go back in memory, even if only for a few mins!

Badges & Stats in Banda Island

Have you been to Banda Island?

Latest Activity in Banda Island