"Highway to Africa's summit" Top 5 Page for this destination Kilimanjaro National Park by Bonobo2005

Kilimanjaro National Park Travel Guide: 163 reviews and 320 photos

I'm not gonna do it, I told myself before I left. It's too expensive, can hike 2 months in Nepal for the same amount of money. But when the bus approached Moshi and I stared up at Kili, I knew I couldn't resist it. I went to an agency and the next day I set off....to reach the summit of one of the most stunning mountains I've ever seen.

• Pros:Superb mountaintrekking with great reward!
  • Cons:Expensive: at least about $650/6 days + tips
  • In a nutshell:A real must for trekkers with lots of cash!!
  • Last visit to Kilimanjaro National Park: Feb 2003
  • Intro Updated May 16, 2003

• barryg23's Profile Photo
    Oct 10, 2009 at 7:25 AM

great description of the hike, sounds like money well spent!

• KiKitC's Profile Photo
    Oct 3, 2009 at 3:02 AM

What an incredible journey. Really enjoyed your tips. Thank goodness for the "Loo with a View". Hope your birthday finds you on another great adventure.

• Margrette's Profile Photo
    Aug 7, 2008 at 1:18 PM

What an exciting page. Real adventure You've had. And You have put it so nicely together. It was a pleasure to read it. Hope to get there soon myself:) Tnx for sharing

• starship's Profile Photo
    Oct 12, 2006 at 7:20 AM

Every word journaling your ascent up Mt. Kilimanjaro was fascinating!! I would never be able to do it physically myself, but I love reading about others who have done it--Congrats!!

• qiuxy's Profile Photo
    Aug 31, 2006 at 10:22 PM

Goodness! What a crazy journey and a crazy guide! Congrat! you climbed up the toppest point of Arica!!!

• marcoparco's Profile Photo
    May 29, 2006 at 3:31 PM

Wow Bo it's hard to convince myself to pass on this opportunity when I will be living in Rwanda for 6 months. I think I may just have to cave........Happily. Amazing page! Cheers, Marc

• chewy3326's Profile Photo
    Jan 22, 2006 at 3:52 PM

Really beautiful! Kilimanjaro is one of the places I'm dying to go to.

• thea67's Profile Photo
    Nov 30, 2005 at 5:45 PM

Thanks for sharing your trek to Kilimonjaro. I enjoyed your pics very much. Thea

• raraavis's Profile Photo
    Nov 22, 2005 at 11:16 AM

Thanks for tips. I've been dying to trek Kilimanjaro. This will be my inspiration until I make it there.

• edachsund's Profile Photo
    Nov 22, 2005 at 10:55 AM

its really good story, I wish I could go climb soon. Was planning feb next year if only my cash permitted. :P nice picture also. thanks

Badges & Stats in Kilimanjaro National Park

Have you been to Kilimanjaro National Park?

Friends