"Mwanza: pleasant stopover" Mwanza by Bonobo2005
Mwanza Travel Guide: 68 reviews and 36 photos
I passed Mwanza on my way to Rwanda and stayed 2 nights.It's the 2nd biggest city of Tanzania on Lake Victoria.
In comparison with the other bigger cities like Dar, Arusha or Tanga I rate Mwanza as the most pleasant, not in the last place because of it's bearable climate and the lack of tourists (and touts).
Unless you're highly interested in African citylife I wouldn't recommend Mwanza as a "destination" though, since there are not really any highlights and it's a long way between Mwanza and every other place.
Traveller's usually stop by on the way to/from Uganda or Rwanda.
Every morning there's a direct bus to the border settlement of Rusumo, from where you can take minibuses to f.e. Kigali.... more travel advice
. This eroded rock is probably the most famous sight. It looks like it could get out of balance every moment but it's... more travel advice
Bonobo2005's Related Pages
Mwanza Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Experience the 'Real' Africa in Mwanza"
- "Mwanza: pleasant stopover"
- "My dedication to ....."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mwanza
- Hotels in Mwanza
- Transportation in Mwanza
- Nightlife in Mwanza
- Restaurants in Mwanza
- Shopping in Mwanza
- Warnings and Dangers in Mwanza
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mwanza
- 7 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (21)
Have you been to Mwanza?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mwanza
Top 10 Pages
- Serooskerke (Walcheren) Intro, 181 reviews, 223 photos, 5 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 85 reviews, 90 photos
- Zinder Intro, 42 reviews, 61 photos, 2 travelogues
- Timia Intro, 37 reviews, 65 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tibet Intro, 36 reviews, 38 photos
- Burma Intro, 34 reviews, 35 photos
- Santa Juliana Intro, 17 reviews, 36 photos, 3 travelogues
- Singapore 1 review, 49 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tanzania Intro, 23 reviews, 24 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Rajasthan Intro, 22 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue