"LAMU, A MUST SEE IN AFRICA" Top 5 Page for this destination Lamu Island by Bonobo2005

Lamu Island Travel Guide: 37 reviews and 113 photos

PAGE STILL UNDER CONSTRUCTION

By the end of my 2004 African journey I was tired of moving, and desperate to find a nice place to relax for a couple of weeks.

Travellers told me how much they had loved Lamu, a beautiful island off Kenya’s Swahili Coast. And they didn’t disappoint me. On the contrary...Lamu became one of my all time favourite destinations!

With its population of about 15.000, representing an enchanting cultural mix of Africans, Arabs and Indians, Lamu is a different world in Africa; isolated, but with a rich history of more than 1000 years.

Lamu is endlessly fascinating, incredibly easy going, completely hasslefree, and atmospheric in a way that sometimes I wondered if I was dreaming...

• Last visit to Lamu Island: Dec 2004
  • Intro Updated Jan 3, 2005

• May 1, 2008 at 5:21 AM

I must agree with this review! Make sure to visit this wonderful restaurant where the food is absolutely excellent and the staff takes wonderful care of you. We made sure to go for breakfast again the next morning which did not disappoint!!

• Hopkid's Profile Photo
    Jul 3, 2006 at 4:54 PM

Why did I read those restaurant tips before dinner! Now I'm starving! Lamu has just risen on my list of places to visit!

• gale.blog.pl's Profile Photo
    Feb 5, 2005 at 11:53 PM

Great page with beautiful pics and full-flavour tips ;))) I believe, there's not much more to do in Lamu Island than to enjoy local cuisine ;))))) Anyway, thanks for sharing!

• sachara's Profile Photo
    Jan 14, 2005 at 2:11 PM

Een tijdje op Lamu, dat klinkt goed, inclusief het eten.

• marcoparco's Profile Photo
    Jan 12, 2005 at 1:16 PM

Nice tips on the food! Cheers

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Jan 8, 2005 at 3:05 PM

I so envy you the delights of fabled Lamu!! Wow, your restaurant tips are amazing!! Passion fruit is my all-time favourite, and with lime it must be better! As for the food in the Olympic, I know that I would have slanted toward spicey Peri-Peri taste!!

• Bonobo2005's Profile Photo
    Dec 28, 2004 at 2:57 PM

I hate sponsored links

Badges & Stats in Lamu Island

Have you been to Lamu Island?

Friends