"Natitingou: capital of an intriguing region" Natitingou by Bonobo2005
Natitingou Travel Guide: 21 reviews and 37 photos
Natitingou is a very friendly town in Northern Benin in the hills towards the border with Togo.
Travellers come to this somehow isolated area to visit the fortress-like homesteads of the Tata Somba tribe and the intriguing market of nearby Boukoumbe, to do some hiking in the Atakora mountains (that includes the highest peak in Benin), or to organise safaris to the Parc National de la Pendjari (open from December to April only).
For me Natitingou was the first substantial town in Benin I came across, after I crossed the border from the Togolese Tamberma Valley (that is similar in culture and landscape) via Boukoumbé.
I stayed 3 nights in Natitingou and took it relatively easy. An excursion to nearby Kota Falls and a short hike in the hills were my only activities.
It was raining a lot every day, and before I got really fed up with it, I left Benin, stopping over in the town of Parakou, for the great journey up north, to Niger!!
After the daytime rains, the sky usually clears up a bit and colours beautiful as the sun set. It is great to climb... more travel advice
Like anywhere in Togo and Benin, mototaxi's are abundant in Natitingou. They are an excellent and cheap means to cover... more travel advice
Bonobo2005's Related Pages
Natitingou Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Natitingou: capital of an intriguing region"
- "The Tata Sombas"
- "Traditionnal feast in the Boukombe region"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Natitingou
- 8 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (21)
Have you been to Natitingou?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Natitingou
Photos in NatitingouSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Serooskerke (Walcheren) Intro, 181 reviews, 223 photos, 5 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 85 reviews, 90 photos
- Zinder Intro, 42 reviews, 61 photos, 2 travelogues
- Timia Intro, 37 reviews, 65 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tibet Intro, 36 reviews, 38 photos
- Burma Intro, 34 reviews, 35 photos
- Santa Juliana Intro, 17 reviews, 36 photos, 3 travelogues
- Singapore 1 review, 49 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tanzania Intro, 23 reviews, 24 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Rajasthan Intro, 22 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue